1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

franc,cat,anderson starting just what the doctor ordered

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, Dec 31, 1999.

Tags:
  1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Starting those three was probably the smartest move rudy has done lately... Cat can play a good two or one and anderson can be an awesome two or three the three of them together are the future and s hould keep it like that.... keep that in the rockets and don't change that...

2. popeye

popeye Member

Actually Tycoonchip, he has used that combo on a number of occasions. He also puts them together in practice to simulate upcoming athletic opponents like the Wolves, Suns, Raptors. He has used it a couple of times at the end of the first half (second quarter) to play out the last five minutes and take advantage of a slower, game-tired team.

Mobes
    I honestly think Mobes deserves to start, but he is deadly coming off the bench. He has also grown as a man this year, and no better demonstration of that then his attitude about starting versus bench. "Whatever coach wants from me."

Man, he needs to get resigned.

Francis

Talk about growing as a person and an athlete. This kid is so very coachable these first thirty games, that it may just be his most underrated attribute. He does what is asked. Practicing even harder now over the last dozen games or so. Putting court rat time in,man. he appears to have more "fun" playing the #2 but has learned his role at the #1 so well, that he will most certainly be a perennial all-star starting next year. Definitely the premier rook this year.

Anderson

I know this is not necessarily the role we saw for him, that is the defensive 2/3, focusing on the opponents key guys, but he plays it very well. With some more starts with the other two guys, encouragement from them to drive the lane more and a scoring green light from Rudy, he will slowly learn that being an offensive force makes his defense even more effective. Drexler with fresh legs.

Cheers.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I think by the end of next year we'll have the best backcourt in the NBA with these two starting, that includes Kidd/Hardaway. Who would've ever thought the Rockets would have the best backcourt in the league? Very exciting.

4. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

It is hard to argue with starting Cat with Francis and Anderson. I hope Rudy will continue to do it. I also hope the Rocks can solve the problem doing that creates. That is, replacing Cat's offense off the bench. I think the probablities are Drew, Walt and Thomas (IMHO). Drew showed the ability to score when given extended minutes when Stevie was hurt. If I remember right, he hasn't done as well when playing less than about 15 min. Can he be productive with less or does he get 15-20 per game? I think everyone knows the deal with Walt. If he scores off the bench like he has lately, it's a big plus. What would the Rocks record be if he had scored at the beginning of the season when he was getting a lot of pt like he has lately? Finally, if Thomas can get his shooting percentage up, he brings some nice things to the game. That is, get some post up buckets, rebound and draw his man out to the perimeter at times.