1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I just got held up

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by geeimsobored, Mar 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

See ToyCen428's post.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

what the hell you talking about man?

3. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

you know, i actually went as far as googling this up.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

oh, i haven't seen that thread since saying

safe sex is no sex..

6. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Thank you. I really appreciate it. I just need to vent I guess. Me and my girlfriend went to the Whataburger at Westheimer/Dairy Ashford tonight around 7:45pm. Ordered our food, eating, around 8pm, 4 black guys came in with black do-rags over their faces and each one had a black revolver. 3 of them headed for the counter demanding money, the other comes over to me, with the gun in my face, demanding my wallet. Without hesitation, I hand it over, he looks through it, hands it back. He says to me, "I'm not going to shoot, man, just give me your wallet." Had he been screaming at me and shaking the gun or threatening to shoot, no telling what my reactions would've been. But in a split second, my normal,perfect world changed. All I could think about was my life, only 22 years old and I have so much, a great girlfriend, a wonderful family, and it sounds unreal but I realized how many regrets in life I have and how I wish I had done this or that better. Anyways, after throwing my wallet on the table (not taking nothing out), he goes to watch the door. After the 3 minutes, they get the money and run. 2 customers were sitting towards the back of the restaurant (not in view of the robbers when they came in) and thats how quiet they were. No yelling or nothing, after they left. While grabbing my mouth in disbelief and shock, I ask them if they were ok and if anyone came back there and threatened them, to my surprise they were still conversating, knew nothing had happened! No gun shots, witnesses say they ran out of the restaurant and tried to hijack a few cars. We didnt stick around long enough to find out any more information. After the cops interviewed us we left. This happened at 8PM, sun just went down. 3 minutes away from Royal Oaks. Not safe anywhere anymore at anytime :( . I'm still in shock and disbelief.... this really changes your outlook on life. Thank you geeimsobored for starting this thread. Any questions, feel free to ask.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i have a robbery story too.

but maybe for another time.

8. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I've seen a few stickups as they happen but never had a gun pointed at my face. Glad everything turned out good for you in the end, ToyCen428.

9. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Wow man, sorry to hear that. Thankfully everyone was ok.

10. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I got a gun pulled on me back in 2004 at that Whataburger. I was a senior in high school at that time and after football games some of us players would go there to get something to eat around 11:30 pm. As we were leaving one night I pull out of my parking space and some guys drive up behind me and started yelling and stuff. Basically I just ignored them but when I pulled up to the light they pulled up next to me and pointed a gun at me. I stepped on the gas and ran the light and they followed me and as we came up to some traffic they pulled up next to me again with the gun out but a cop drove by and I started to honk my horn. The cop never noticed me but it managed to scare the guys off. I was still pretty shocked and upset. You would think that something like that wouldn't happen in a fairly nice area such as that one but I guess there are bad people everywhere.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

you guys gotta realize that the wolf will follow wherever the sheep goes.

12. tested911

tested911 Member

Are you guys forgetting but Alief is less than 3 Minutes from there... I'm still amazed that they built up Royal Oak, and that shadow something division...

Alief = Ghetto of the Southwest I know cause I live there.

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Damn, that sucks bro. I work out close to that area. I always wondered if someone demanded my wallet, whether my first instinct would be to give them the cash, and keep my drivers license, gym id, sams club, etc...

Its a big nuisance to have to apply for those things again. But then again, having a gun shot in the head would be pretty irritating, one would think.

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

That sucks ToyCen, hope it doesn't happen again. Im still going ot Whataburger in the middle of the night though :D

15. baylorbear09

baylorbear09 Member

ToyCen428, i am glad that you and your girlfriend are ok. i can honestly say that i have never been in a situation like that even though i live close to that area. what you said about realizing the regrets you have in your life really hit home. i actually have been thinking a lot about that kinda stuff recently and like you, i have a great family and all that as well, but it really has been on my mind. this school year has brought a lot of things to the table that have been really hard to deal with and at times i find myself contemplating the what ifs and what not. some days are better than others but others can drive me crazy. what if i had done that, why didn't i do that, why didn't i say that, if i had known that that was the last time that i would see him and stuff like that would keep me up at night and make me utterly sick. no matter how bad it is though i always remind myself that everything happens for a reason. the suffering that we go through now is nothing to compare to the days of glory that are to come. i'm not tryin to preach or anything but what you said made me really think about where i am in life. i am sorry that that had to happen to you, but once again i am glad that ya'll are ok. i hope your week gets better, take it easy man

16. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Crap. I live right across from Royal Oaks. And I thought this was one of the safest neighborhoods in town. That's just downright scary. 8pm on a Monday evening? Yikes.

Just last week or so I saw a story in the news about the Wachovia bank on Kirkwood & Westheimer getting robbed.

Bill White, what the heck is going on? This Houston crime rate is getting surreal. I've been living here for nearly 4 years now and all of a sudden one of the primest new neighborhoods in Houston is unsafe.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I live in Alief. That's my local Whataburger, I was in there last week. About a month ago my local Domino's had a driver murdered for his truck. I ordered a pizza one night and there were some black guys hangin' around outside a couple of houses down. The driver called and made me come to his car because he was too afraid to get out with these guys around.

18. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

That's like on the Alief Border before you hit the Westchase area.

Glad your all right.

19. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

If someone put a gun to my head demanding a wallet, I would tell him no and make him pull the trigger.

These criminals that rob people in broad daylight are very rational beings and know that they don't want to be serving jail time for murder, alongside with robbery. I would bet they can think things through. :cool:

20. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Glad to know you're so confident in the rational thinking ability of a gun-totting criminal that you're willing to entrust your life into his hands. Hope you live a long and healthy life.

I, on the other hand, certainly wouldn't waste any time handing over the goods. My life is far too precious.