1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 1/24/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2007.

1. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

Happy for the win. But what's up with the mental errors on the Rockets at the end of the game? The Jump ball mispositioning by Luther Head; traveling by Rafer; lazy dribbling by TMac; and not fouling Duncan harder(preventing And1s)by the entire Rocket team. I think one problem is that the coach lacked poise at the end. He needs to understand that inexprienced players like Luther and Rafer will only panic when they see their coach yelling at them. Instead of screaming like a raging maniac, JVG needs to keep his composure for the sake of his players. Oh well, it was still a great win by the Rockets.

2. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

i dont see much mention on how we nearly choked in the final minutes...tmac's not always gonna be there to save us with his clutch plays...hyperactive kids like rafer and luther should be lectured on how it's not smart to drive recklessly down the lane and throw up bricks just cos they feel giddy inside...we see this time and time again when we pull big leads...

3. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

This team is really special. If everyone is healthy during the playoffs, we really could win it all this year. It was good to see extended minutes from Bonzi tonight.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

That was a heck of a game, smashmouth basketball. The Spurs really cranked it up in the closing moments, some amazing pressure. But when TMac starts hitting consecutive shots, I think it really gets in the Spur's head. That incredible comeback in Houston left a memory. You can hear the fans sucking air everytime TMac gets going. A big win, huge confidence builder. Now the Rocks need to plow through the upcoming cupcake schedule, win them all.

5. jaredg777

jaredg777 Contributing Member

I think we last won both games in SA in 96-97, I think that's what the Chronicle said today

6. Omer

Omer Member

If I recall correctly, he did this last time too. He always tries to show up Tony Parker that his teardrop is better.

I'm glad he's sucessful at that too, if only he can be consistent.

7. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

Anyone noticed that Head has jumpers inside the Arc. Tonight he made consecutive ones to keep us within the game.

8. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

That last shot by McGrady...wow. This is Why I'am excited about the playoffs becasue we know Tracy brings it up another notch and with the improvement of Yao and our defense.

9. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

MAC is incredible and how about that rafer guy?

10. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

I love this quote from the front page...

11. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Simply put, this was a team win. Rafer came through and shot for 7/15. Juwan kept on making clutch shots one after another (clutch IMO because it pushed the lead which we could've easily lost like near the end of the game). Chuck finally had a good game in a while; hustling around, playing good defense on TD and even taking a charge from him late in the game. T-mac was just...WOW....he was making all the clutch shots with ease and making smart plays one after another (I can't believe he was able to fake the defenders and zip a pass to a cutting Juwan for a layup...all in 3 seconds).

12. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

yeah, i was pleasantly suprised when i saw him making those jumpers. he gets a nice arc on it too. he was great in the 2nd quarter when he wouldnt let the spurs pull away, ah man, i love head :D

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

What a great game, for us...A sloppy win, but man, I thought that we would fold...c'mon, I'm not the only one, but it was good to see us close it out...

I can't wait until Yao comes back...

14. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

THat was one of the most exciting see-sawing game of the season

i nearly died watching it

thank god for TMac

and he barely drove today

his shot is just on

15. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Just think when Yao comes back strong...how good will this team be?
    Frightening good!!

16. johnrox

johnrox Member

then you weren't watching carefully, it was head who travelled...

17. stq

stq Member

yeap, and once we have Yao back, our low post defense will be alot better

18. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

I was so happy I did the Indian version of Thriller after this game. :D

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LbvP7dT3Dx0&"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LbvP7dT3Dx0&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

19. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

I wasn't worry about letting this game slip from our hands because T-Mac was feeling it tonight.

20. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

TMac played very well tonight and our defense was brilliant.

Plus we won without Yao, always a plus.

Phoenix needs to be in our sights. We've shown we can compete with SA, Dallas and Utah. We need to start planning now on how we can compete with the Suns.