1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Suns @ Rockets 1/17/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2007.

1. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

My analysis:

Subtract Yao/Mac and we lose to the second best team in the league.

Great effort though. Props to Rafer for keeping us in it.

2. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Nice effort by the Rockets. One question though why can't we gurad Raja Bell? The guy killed us all night and we never made an adjustment to stop him.

If you have to face guard the guy without the ball. Oh well, they didn't lose by 30 like everyone thought.

3. dudelos

dudelos Member

vspan is OVERRATED (especially by these posters) and a waste of a roster spot for us

4. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It just sucks that all these teams are feasting on us cause we are w/out our big two !!!! I can't wait to play these teams again fair and square with all our players.....

5. jojobabbu

jojobabbu Member

i just hope we make the playoffs...

6. rumcoke

rumcoke Member

yeah, i was mad about that as well. we had a real shot at this game, too

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'll copy and paste what I just posted in the game thread:

I'm getting tired of Lucas rushing shots, instead of setting things up for others. At about the 2:30 mark, when we still had a chance, we race down the court and the chump immediately tosses up a trey. Of course, he doesn't make it. At that point, they could have set up a high % shot, keeping close, and who knows? Damn stupid thing for him to do. I don't mind him taking shots within the offense, but that crap has to stop. He's supposed to be a point.

8. mag

mag Contributing Member

I think Dallas and Phoenix can be beaten. If we have all our players healthy, I like our chances. JVG needs to give minutes to Bonzi and get him in game shape. He really can make the difference.

9. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

We were competitive tonight

10. johnrox

johnrox Member

those shots at the end were not good shots, mostly contested, and nothing down low in the block. yao needs to get well soon

11. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Is the Rafer hatefest officially on hold now?

12. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

JLIII is a cancer to this Rockets team.

13. Omer

Omer Member

If we were leading them by 15 in first half, there is no reason we couldnt have won the game.

Just like JVG always says, each team in the NBA is a quality opponent and can win on any given night. Yeah, even our scrubs.

We had more motivation and desire to win, especially the role players since they let T-Mac down last night.

I'm depressed we dropped 2 in a row even though it was to the 2 best teams in the league. We could have won both of them.

14. johnrox

johnrox Member

DUMBEST shot of the night, who did he think he was? tmac?

15. drich

drich Member

lucas 3-13
    howard 2-10
    this is the only reason why we lost howard's isn't so bad but lucas's came at the end of the game when it counted should not have been in the game

16. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

This game is great for the team in case we could match up this opponent at the playoff. At least JVG could learn some what he could do and what he could not do with this team. Major prop to Rafer and Battier, and we need Bonzi to shape if we keep him. JLIII is still inexperienced for this team. Why not try Novak?

17. johnrox

johnrox Member

i think all of us feel confident awith yao and tmac, but it isn't like they will give it to th rox... it will be damn hard series if we play any of them

18. mag

mag Contributing Member

I think we started rushing our shots and Phoenix took advantage of it. I noticed Phoenix is vulnerable when you atack to them and keep them defending for the whole 24 secs. If you rush the shoots, they are hard to keep up because they move the ball up the court and pretty much everybody make shoots when they get enough space.

19. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

If he made it, everyone would be like START JLIII OVER ALSTON!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Who really gives a flying **** about the results of this game. We dont have our two best players!

20. rocketsmetalspd

To the guy who said that VSpan is over rated and a waste of a roster spot. What are you talking about. He has not been given minutes to make a statement like that.