1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Holiday Bowl TAMU vs CAL

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Uprising, Dec 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. BullFan

BullFan Member

Does Fran's win over Texas = Macovic's win over nebraska? A big win that delays his firing

I guess we'll see how 07 plays out

2. updawg

updawg Member

brokeback aggy?

3. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

^ And to think somebody was accusing CAL of being "homos" earlier.

4. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Gotta support my fellow alum, Sishir Chang. Now that we got the Holiday Bowl victory out of the way, it's time to focus on that 50+ year curse called the Rose Bowl. If we didn't get screwed by the refs in the Arizona game, we would have gone to the Rose Bowl. Anyways, it all comes down to beating USC and that's how it should be. We got all the skill players on offense coming back if Lynch decides to return. He probably won't but Forsett is ready to continue the line of great CAL backs and we got a great recruiting class. Our defense will take a beating without Mebane, Bishop, and Hughes, but we've got a very good defensive coordinator plus plenty of depth. CAL has USC at home next year (and Tennesee) so since this wasn't the year, next year has to be! ROLL ON YOU BEARS!

Didn't Texas get embarrassed by a Washington State team in the Holiday Bowl? By golly, I think they did!

5. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

^ I've had two sports related dreams. One was to see the Stros play in the World Series the second is to see CAL in the Rose Bowl. Since the first came true I got hope that the second one will. I think Tedford is a great coach but he doesn't always seem to get his teams ready for big games and he's gotta work on keeping his team focussed for a whole season. That said he's the best CAL coach in my lifetime. As for next year I agree Lynch will probably go but Forsett is more than adequate. Longshore looks primed for a great year too. Just gotta come ready to play every game and we the Rose Bowl is within reach.

GO BEARS!

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you know, this is exactly how you post in texan game threads

game starts out well

"nice throw by carr" you always throw that in

and then things fall apart

"uh oh"

and then no more uprising. classic

7. Buck Turgidson

If losing by 8 to the #15 team in the country constitutes embarassment, then by golly, you're right.

8. Major

Major Member

He did post two more times during the game - mentioning the A&M was looking like the Texans and mentioning the 0 yard punt.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

that's the "uh oh"

I was just joking with him, i was rooting for a&m and the big xii.

10. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I think he meant it was embarrassing to lose to a Pac10 team, regardless of rankings.

;)

11. Buck Turgidson

I actually typed that, adding the qualifier "...Pac10 team not named USC", then deleted it.

12. derrock

I meant thinking that your team should have gone to a BCS bowl rather than the Holiday Bowl, and then losing to a no-name team. I do stand corrected in terms of the score for that Holiday Bowl, as Texas put up a much bigger fight than CAL did. I went to the 2004 game and I have to admit, the Texas Tech fans were very gracious in winning. Surprisingly, there were so few of them.

Pac-10 has a 2 bowl game win streak now.

13. derrock

Sometimes we forget that most of the players aren't of drinking age and they are more prone to a letdown or mental mistake. IMO, the best coach in the country in Pete Carroll and you saw what happened with UCLA. My problem with Tedford was his conservative/non-creative play calling in the USC game. Not going for it on 4th and inches, screen plays that are repeated stuffed. There are times when Tedford coaches not to lose, whereas Carroll seems to constantly coach to win. Sure, USC has more talent, but that's why Tedford needs to be more aggressive. That said, THANK GOD FOR TEDFORD. After the Holmoe years, the Holiday Bowl should seem like a dream (just look at what Stanford is going through right now). Herbstredt and Fowler wondered what Tedford's era should be called last night. I nominate the "Ted Head" era in honor of the tie-dyed shirt that came out a few years ago.