1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Payton to New York for Spre?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by thacabbage, Oct 10, 1999.

1. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

GP headed to NY? According to the Philly Inquirer's Stephen Smith There is weight to rumors that the New York Knicks are talking to the Seattle SuperSonics about a deal that would send Latrell Sprewell and Chris Childs or Charlie Ward to Seattle for Gary Payton. Here's the comical part: They are doing so because coach Jeff Van Gundy questions whether or not he can handle Sprewell as a starter. What about handling Payton?"

2. who?

who? Member

I have to say if that comes off then NY become my new favourites. I have to wonder how long Seattle can seriously hold onto payton when things go wrong this season.
    However he is there captain and I don't think he'll go this early in the season.

i've posted it before, but the perfect trade for ny and boston, would be some kind of Sprewell/Walker deal.

Also not to be picky (though I am here.) It's Stephen.A.Smith, which isn't relevant other than I just think it's cool on CNNSI, when he says, 'With your nba insider I'm Stephen.A.Smith.'

Oh and don't ask me why I think that's cool, because I clearly don't know.

3. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Spree and Mad Max on the same team?

LOL

Mango