1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Bonzi Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PolarBear, Dec 1, 2006.

1. kuwazawa

kuwazawa Member

how about villanueva??? :confused:

2. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

hmm..this is probably just a crazy scheme from me, seeing i dont know a lot about trades but..

how about something like rafer, bonzi, and a draft pick for chauncey billups..would that work?

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I didn't even read your post past the first few lines. I was strictly talking about the fact that the trades work out financially, which you claimed they did not. All I wanted to know was why you made that claim.

4. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

dumars has implied he would give chauncey max this summer. no way this trade happens.

bonzi will play for us after the all star break. it's in his interest and ours. no way does he go into this summer for contract negotiations without significant playing time.

5. ClutchCityReturns

I'd rather have a fully functional Bonzi Wells over any of those guys, but that's not what this thread is about. All of the guys you listed are better than a Bonzi Wells who doesn't play a single minute, which is what we're dealing with at the moment (and possibly for the rest of his time in Houston).

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

No, I can get on trade checker and work out a Lebron for Sura and and crap too. I never claimed that you can't make all sorts of stuff work financially. I claimed that you have to use common sense and not assume we are trading with Zeke on every trade. I did claim that Juwan and Bonzi for Millsap does not work financially.

7. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

bonzi + juwon for david lee would be heaven but i doubt NY would be that stupid.

8. ckfol

ckfol Member

If there is a team that's willing to give up anything for Bonzi, IT would do it to save his bacon in New York. How about Bonzi + Sura's contract + Lucas for David Lee or Renaldo Balkman + Crawford.

Why for New York? IT wants to win now and Bonzi gives them a proven scorer who can team up with Francis or Marbury to terrorize the Least Conference and make the playoffs. If Sura can contribute this year, that would be a bonus.

For the Rockets, David Lee or Renaldo Balkman give them a SF that can double as PF in a small lineup as well as energize the Bench. Crawford can play both guard positions as well as putting pts on the board.

9. rice

rice Contributing Member

i will say it again.

we should get chicago to trade duhon with us!
    bonzi + pick for chris duhon!
    he's a pure, pass first point guard that plays lock-down defense!

this is probably the most feasible and practical trade for both team. Some of the trade suggestions are just day-dreaming...

10. ClutchCityReturns

I took this...

...the wrong way, apparently. I assumed that by "It's not enough" you meant in terms of salary, not player value. My mistake.

However, I'm not suggesting any Sura for LeBron trades personally. I, unlike a lot of posters, actually have a way of looking at trades objectively and deciding if the other team would consider them. Some people think we can just unload our garbage and GM's around the league will give us a handshake and a smile. It's idiotic. I'm with you on that.

That said, why do you think Bonzi for Duhon couldn't work? Salaries aren't much of an issue, it looks like the Rockets may have no use for Bonzi (but would love a defensive PG who can hit the 3), and the Bulls have been desperate for a SG with some size. Hell, they don't even have a true low post threat and Bonzi could masquerade as that from time to time. It's only a matter of what Bonzi's real problem is right now. If it's just a rift with JVG, maybe he'll be easier to shop around than if he's really in terrible shape. I know Skiles runs a tight ship too, but if Bonzi worked out there it could propel Chicago all the way to the Finals with the current (weak ass) landscape of the Eastern Conference. That, coupled with their not so impressive start, could easily make it worth a shot for their management.

#90 ClutchCityReturns, Dec 3, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  11. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

No headbands in chicago. bonzi wont survive a second there. bonzi's trademark has been his headband.

12. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

That would be nice ... Jackson coming off the bench! And Tinsley is a true PG ... :D

13. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Tinsley is a nice pass first defensive minded PG. he has exceptional hands on defense. however, he's outside shooting is repulsive.

14. ClutchCityReturns

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Time to get back to his roots.

[​IMG]

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

LOLhehe. :D . if he could also get in that physical shape too.. :( i'm gona give it till the trade deadline. bonzi is too talented just to giveup on him just yet. i'm still hoping for a bonzi and JVG peace to end the fued. there should be a common ground.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

No need to pull the Captain Obvious card here. Of course the guy that actually plays is more useful than the superier player that doesn't. Good luck trying to convince me that Grant Hill for Pau Gasol is a good trade though.

Patience is key, people. We're still winning without him and he will only bolster our line up when he returns

17. jopatmc

While they could use a SG with some size, Bonzi is fat, a career malcontent, and going to be a free agent. Bonzi at best represents a 4 month short term POSSIBLE fix that is not even a sure thing. And besides that, Skiles, while not JVG, is another good coach that ain't gonna put up with player BS. The only real value Chicago would have in Bonzi would be in some sort of salary dump, which is not much value since they aren't worried about salaries right now. Now, if Duhon became a malcontent in Chicago, then you might have the makings of a deal. Or if Duhon's play fell off drastically. But it hasn't and he's a dukie so the chances of him becoming a malcontent are very small. Duhon is way more value than Bonzi right now and if Chicago put him on the block there would be a lot better offers from other teams than a fat malcontent on an expiring deal. For us to have even a chance to land a player like Duhon we'd have to throw in our first rounder and I seriously doubt that Chicago would even consider that. Luther and our first rounder may get it done. Luther would essentially be Gordon's replacement for them and they could effectively then shop Gordon for trades because Gordon's scoring ability will draw more value than Duhon's. But Chicago ain't at that stage yet. And Duhon is not on the market. I'm sure Chicago recognizes tha value of having 2 very very good players to man the point for them 48 minutes a game. I think Chicago is saving their chips for a blockbuster deal for a legit top 5 player in the league. Bonzi is not that.

Sure, I'd love to have Duhon. I really like that guy. But it would take way more than Bonzi to get it done.

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

they might do it

they need an experienced man in the post

the problems is, Juwon started to make up plays last night, he clearly was drawing up some plays at the bench....which means he will be probably stay in Houston for some kind of coaching position...

but anyways, I'll take the deal!

19. jopatmc

Well, add Jerome James to that deal because that is what would have to be done to make salaries work.

20. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

that's what happens when you give uncontrollable eaters like bonzi too much money when they reach nba...they use it on food and get fat...