1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you think Tracy looks out there right now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCityReturns, Oct 22, 2006.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I've gotten the feeling while watching these preseason games that something's not quite right with Tracy. I realize he's been out of competitive basketball for a long time now, but it doesn't seem like he's just rusty. He doesn't look quite "right" physically...

This is by no means a declaration from myself that I think Tracy is not healthy. I am simply concerned, and would like to hear what some others have to say. I thought it might just be me, but tonight I have seen several other people mentioning it in the game thread.

So...please vote, and let's discuss.

2. Caboose

Caboose Member

He'll be fine once the season starts. I just hope his back holds up.

3. inler

inler Contributing Member

i think what has happened is that he has lost some of the explosiveness we came to love two seasons ago and is actually starting to slowing down to the point where you can notice. it might be just me. i don't think we will be seeing him dunk over anyone any time soon. again, just my opinion.

4. inler

inler Contributing Member

sorry, double post

what i forgot to add was that it's possible that he is totally healthy, but is just slowing down.

5. tsunami

tsunami Member

I think TMAC will be fine. Remember now it's just preseason. Just have a look at the other big names, Kobe, Tim Duncan, LeBron etc., they haven't played a lot in preseason games. And those who have played some decent minutes, like Wade, did not have good numbers either.

6. Zach Kang

Zach Kang Member

Chunky T-mac is the BEST! :D

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

it looks like he is rusty imo...just needs to get back on the court more which is probably why he has requested jvg more playing time. i think the more action he gets the better in shape he will be and it will be okay. looking at how he was during the dallas games from 2 years ago to now it just seems he needs to slim down.

but other than that offensively just rust needs to re-learn how to play with the "new" yao and all his new teammates. he will be fine. on a few plays tonight against the spurs he flew and jumped high to try to block a few 3s. this to me is a really good sign. sure he hit the floor bad but he bounced back pretty quickly from it compared to the times from last year. from the get go last year he didnt seem right to me. he was smiling a few times in the third quarter coming down the court.

i dont think the back is going to be a huge problem this year in regards to it flaring up on its own. i am sure tracy has the best back doctors in the league with him and probably would only make the statements as bodly as he is saying only if the docs gave him the green light to do so.

its preseason too he probably isnt going full strength since the games are meaningless and is trying to get a better feel for his teammates game.

8. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I'm definitely taking into account the fact that it's the preseason. That's a given. However, this thread was not prompted by lack of statistical production...it's about how he's actually looking on the court.

9. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

He looked fine to me. I remember on a few occations he broke away from his defender and then dished out to an open man as help defense was coming, Although not as spectacular as before, he seemed ok, once the regular season starts he will be fine.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think he looks bored.

Also, he is probably the one that will have to give up the most in the new offense.

So all this talk about sharing the ball etc....it will all start or end with T-mac.

Right now when Yao is on the floor with everyone but Tmac the ball is POPPING around the perimeter...when Tmac is on the floor it all starts with him, but it is hard to tell how much he will be willing to defer in the preseason.

But, it will be crucial for this team's success for Tmac to shoot a LOT less, IMHO.

DD

11. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

I didn't get to catch the game tonight, but in the first two games in which he played, he looked like he couldn't miss.

I'm not sure where these comments are coming from. What are the considerations here with the rusty-ness issues?

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i agree with dada, he's just bored. i think he's every bit as explosive as he was in the past, and he's showed flashes of that but he's holding it until the games actually count. he's still a young man and if he's indeed healthy than he should still be the same t-mac.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

would you rather tmac be best in preseason, reg season, or play offs?

tmac was really dominating preseason last year, but then he got injured

I think he's just pacing himself. other team's stars aren't even playing

14. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

He missed quite a lot actually.. especially down under on those point zero shots.

But I think that was just him being lazy. It's only preseason.
    When the season comes around.. he'll turn it on.. so I'm not too worried. As long as he doesn't fall awkwardly on his back ever again.. ever

15. ckfol

ckfol Member

Tmac is starting to remind me of Baron Davis a bit, Baron use to be awesome until he packed on all that weight, T-Mac isn't as heavy as Baron but has the same injuries. T-mac need to be in better shape during the season. When you compare TMac to Kobe, I think Kobe last year lost 15-20 lbs and had that 81 pt against Toronto.

16. hbdufe

hbdufe Member

JVG may be conscious to protect him form being injured in the preseason and let him find his top conditions back step by step!

17. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

Cruicial. Yes. Just think of last year. If he went 5 for 15 like he did last night against SA, we were in trouble. This year (allbeit against scrubs) we win by 20. Its time for Tmac to prove that he is willing to sacrifice his pride for the sake of a championship.

Yao is now the half court bread and butter, and Tmac is the closer.

Who thinks he will have a new career high in assists this year?

18. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I guess everyone has forgotten how T-Mac plays. It has always been typical for T-Mac to come into a game and clank 7 out of his first 8 shots (and then end up like 9-17 or something like that). I think you guys are worried because you haven't seen him get in "the zone" yet. And you know what? It's the preseason. T-Mac's a lot more concerned about getting in game shape and proper conditioning than destroying opponents and dominating games.

He hasn't lost a step -- he definitely looks more agile out there than I saw all last season. He's still blocking shots, and he's driving to the basket more than ever before. So his shot was a little off last night. I'm not worried. Even the mighty Steve Novak had an off shooting night -- should I be worried about him too?

19. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Wrong. T-Mac is actually 15 pounds lighter this season, and has said he definitely feels lighter and faster out there than he has ever been since he joined the Rockets.

And wrong, he doesn't have the same injury history as Baron. T-Mac is far more durable than Baron has ever been, and those injuries weren't even the same (Baron's knee goes out every year).

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

man if he does the my back is hurting me one more time

I am seriously going to be pissed!