1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Who are your all-time Houston Rockets' killer(s)?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CreepyFloyd, Jun 8, 2006.

1. FrontRowJoe

FrontRowJoe Member

Oh, I forgot two others:

Jake O'Donnell

and

the 1994-95 Utah Timekeeper. That still pisses me off, to this day.

:mad:

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I think it was Michael Adams.

3. stab

stab Member

Dale Ellis

4. runninhorns

runninhorns Rookie

I remember back in his youth Nate McMillan killed us when we played Seattle

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Jason Terry is from Seattle. Why is that not a surprise?

6. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

1. Seattle: Dale Ellis, Tom Chambers, Gary Payton, Xaviar McDaniel, Sam Perkins, Nate McMillan, Detlef Schrempf, Sedale Threat, Shawn Kemp, Ray Allen

2. Dallas: Roy Tarpley, Mark Aguirre, Ronaldo Blackman, Derrick Harper, Jason Terry, Jerry Stackhouse, Dirk Nawitzki, Michael Finely

3. Denver: Fat Lever, Michael Adams, Alex English, Walter Davis, Danny Schayes

4. Utah: Jeff Malone, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Matt Harpring, Jeff Hornacek

5. Golden State: Sleepy Floyd, Chris Mullin, Mitch Richmond, Tim Hardaway

6. Lakers: Magic Johnson, Byron Scott, James Worthy, Michael Cooper, Cedric Ceballos, Kobe Bryant, Shaq O'Neal, Nick Van Excel

7. Portlad: Kiki Vandeweghe, Clyde Drexler, Terry Porter, Cliff Robinson, Jerome Kersey

8. Phoenix: Walter Davis, Dan Majerle, Charles Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Steve Nash, Shawn Marion

9. San Antonio: David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili

10. Sacramento: Reggie Theus, Vlade Divac, Mike Biby, Peja Stojakovic, Chris Webber, Bobby Jackson

East Players: Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Michael Jordan, Scottie Pipen, Dominique Wilkins, Reggie Miller, Hersey Hawkins, Dennis Rodman, Isia Thomas, Joe Dumars, Vinnie Johnson, Reggie lewis, Steve Smith, Chuck Person, Duwane Wade, Chris Paul, Paul Pierce, Allen Iverson, Lebron James

I am getting tired.

This list is not necessarily Rockets Killers, but they used play real well against us. I guess I got carried away :)

7. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

tom gugliata

8. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

I can't really remember that much about Drazen Ptrovich, because when he was with the Blazers he didn't really play and much and really carved his niche in the league when he went to NJ, but I'm sure he killed the Rockets on a few ocassions

Also, when the expansion teams came in (Heat, Hornets, Magic, etc...), I remember certain players from those teams would also have career games against the Rockets, because of their nothing to lose attitude...Scott Skiles and Kelly Tripucka are the first two to come to mind.

9. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

no dan majerle? everyones been said...antoine carrs medium range jumper????

is it me or does everyone save their best game against the rockets

10. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

That series was amazing, who knew they would go to such lengths to beat us. Because of that incident i always watch the clock religously in crunch time.

Utah was a dirty team, but only a rocket killer once.

Do you remember how pissed bill and clavin were?

11. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

If you look 3 posts above you will find him on my list.

12. codell

codell Contributing Member

Sam Mitchell just camed to mind. When he was with Minnesota, it seemed he never missed.

Sydney Lowe of all people had his career games against us.

13. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Why did you put Lebron James he has like one big game against us?

Actually Avery Johnson comes to mind, ever since he learned to hit that baseline 15 footer (i.e. the only jumpshot he could hit) the spurs have owned us.

Rashard Lewis as of late has had big games whenever he plays us, or am I thinking of me playing NBA 2K6.

14. Title99

Title99 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Michael Adams. Looking up their career stats, Adams played until the mid 90s.

This guys Mike Evans was older than that. I was only 10-14 at the time he was playing. I remember him being kind of a scrub, but he hit some big 3s for the Nuggets on several occasions against the Rockets.

15. codell

You would know Michael Adams if you saw him. He can't be confused with anyone else. He had the ugliest shot in the history of the NBA.

16. Title99

Title99 Contributing Member

Yes, I remember Michael Adams now. He did have a very ugly shot. Evans was different. Adams, was kind of one handed from the hip if I remember correctly.

#76 Title99, Jun 9, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  17. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

Good call on this one...Lowe was also on that NC State team the beat U of H and Phi Slamma Jamma on that buzzer beating airball turned into a slam dunk by Lorenzo Charles...Maybe he's just a Houston killer period.

18. clutch0734

clutch0734 Member

Gary Payton..he talked crap against the rockets and backed it up...
    John Stockton...always seemd to make the big shot against us

19. jasdaman57

jasdaman57 Member

definitely the sonics back in the days with kemp, payton, schremp, perkin, and mcdaniel in the line up. they were the only team i hate to watch as rockets opponent. :mad: :mad: :mad: they were quite frustrating.. even til now when i think of it...

20. codell

i don't think McDaniel ever played with that group .......maybe Kemp and Payton for 1 year