1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if Gasol is availabe at 9?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by tacoma park legend, Jun 26, 2001.

1. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Let's say the Rockets have a prearranged deal with Detroit in which they trade the 9th for the 13th and 23rd.

Let's assume that the player the Rockets are targeting is Joe Johnson, but somehow someway, Gasol slips to 9.

Do you take Johnson, who can start immediately and make an impact, or wait for Gasol until next year?

As attractive as Gasol is, I don't think the Rockets can afford to not upgrade significantly at small forward or center for another year, therefore I would take Johnson.

BAH, AVAILABLE! Damn typo [​IMG]

------------------
    The Smurfs were Communists

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited June 26, 2001).]

2. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Andy Katz is now reporting that the Atlanta Hawks are going to take Pau Gasol over Shane Battier at the third pick. In my opinion this is a good sign for the Rockets because it pushes Battier down maybe as far as number 7 with New Jersey. Which will in turn push a player tp the Rockets. Oh please Rockets draft Joe Johnson!!!

------------------

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

The Hawks will be run out of Atlanta if they don't take Shane.

------------------
    "For there is nothing either good or bad, thinking makes it so."
    - William Shakespeare (1564-1616), Hamlet

4. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

or at least run Rimbaud out of Town

------------------
    "The things I enjoy most, I suck at:
    1) Sex: everything's fine until she makes noises." - Achebe

Smegs Mock Draft

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Larry Bird was drafted with the sixth pick in 1979 but would stay in college for his senior year so he would not play for the Celtics until 1980. When Red Aurbach was asked about picking a player that would not be available for a year he replied, "A year goes by awfully fast" and the rest is history.

------------------