1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

From what i know of the Rockets...

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sillsee, Jun 7, 2001.

1. sillsee

sillsee New Member

ALthough my obsolete mock draft says the Houston Rockets are grabbing Woods, they probably will go with Murphy a superb offensive player. He is impressing many GMs in individual workouts in Chicago. Webber is getting the hell out of Dodge. Webber knows that he can dominate the East and make even more money. Orlando, New York, Indiana and Detroit lead the race but don't expect to see him in a piston's uniform. The Rockets should realize the danger of drafting potential (look at the Kandi man in LA). Woods sucks worse than Tyson Chandler and both should go in the late first round but will go high because GM's are addicted to height.

------------------
    Dsils

2. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Battier and Murphy (to a greater extent) are suffering the Dan Marino Effect. How far they slide is anybody's guess. Put 'em on the floor and watch them make it happen.

------------------
    Time is a great teacher-- only problem is it kills all its pupils.

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

<< sillsee >>
    Webbers' salary is limited by the CBA. He may "dominate" in the East, but his salary is predetermined. Unless you feel he can make more in endorsements as a Pacer. [​IMG]

------------------
    GATER

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Webb won't go to the Pistons. That's my only certainty.

I say draft Murphy at #13 and send him to Sacramento. That way Webb doesn't leave his former team in the lurch but saves them money.

I listed Webb's quotes from Slam and Inside Stuff mags that he prefers up-tempo West Coast offense and says he knows his decision won't be a popular one...hopefully we fit that bill.

------------------

5. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Roxtia, I think that is a good point. Unless the Rockets trade to a better pick, or someone special doesnt' slide to thirteen, I think they should draft the best pf. I think Bradley fits there also.

Possibly, they could be used to trade for Webber. If not, we could easily end up not getting Webber and also losing Mo. That would leave us thin at pf if we don't draft one.

If we don't draft a pf, don't sign Webber and don't resign Mo, we'll be really scrambling to shore up that position.

------------------