1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MSU's Randolph & Richardson

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Live, Apr 10, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Live

Live Member

2. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I think this is great news for the Rockets. Both of these guys will be drafted before we draft, so it will push guys like White and maybe even Battier to our pick.

------------------

3. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really like Zach Randolph. So big and strong, yet so agile, would be an ideal PF for us.

Richardson's iffy shot could haunt him. Everyone compares him to VC, but VC's shot improved immensely his first year. Richardson's success will lie in his outside shot-the better he gets it, the better he'll be.

------------------
    "That's been a lifelong dream of mine." -Vince Carter, after laying it in on a breakaway, much to the Vancouver crowd's displeasure.

4. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

He reminds me of a more skilled Othella. Not a player who dunks alot, but is quick off his feet for rebounds and knows how to finish. He would definitely fit in very well with this team.

He's also been well coached by Izzo, and would no doubt be very mentally prepared.

------------------

5. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I believe Richardson was a better 3 point shooter this year than Carter ever was in college, not that I am saying he matches him in other ways. Further, Carter was not the best player on his team, Jamison was. Carter's game is just better suited for the pros, though Jamison is learning to do some good things on the court.

I like Randolf and don't think Othela is that good of a comparison (Othela is not in his league athletically). On the downside, he could be a another Robert Traylor, but he does have the size, atheleticsm and soft hands to be an outstanding player, just depends on his work habits. I view Carlos Boozer similarly too. If Othella had either of those two guys physical attributes he would be one of the top 6 or 7 PFs in the league. Even though Micheal Wright was the better college player, I would much prefer drafting Randolph or Boozer if available.

6. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Are you implying that Randolph has the skill to be a top 6-7 power forward in the league?

I really don't think he will be. He will be a good player, but not elite.

Also, Randolph is not some physical specimen. He's just a natural rebounder and can finish. You can't say that he's in a different league than Othella. Now Matt Bullard and Randolph, that is in a different league.

------------------

7. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

It would take two Randolphs to equal Tractor Traylor. [​IMG]

How would Zach compare to Brand ? I think he has better footwork, and I'm really impressed with his post play. But, there's something about his build that is missing. Is it me, or are his shoulders not very broad ??

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

He only averaged 10 a game in college ? I don't think he's NBA ready, and I can see his stock falling. He does have alot of talent though.

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

9. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

He played less than 20 mpg though gr8-1.

This is awesome, btw! Whenever I see a mock draft that has players that aren't official yet, I get too wary! Holes are being filled now, yee hoo!

------------------
    It only costs $180.00 to have a couple of mullets yell in your ear.