1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The first trade of the draft.

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by JT, Jun 23, 2000.

1. JT

JT Member

Just heard on the radio that the Jazz traded the 26th pick to Denver for a 1st round pick next year. Utah still has the 23rd pick this year I think.

------------------

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Nice trade by utah. Denver's pick next year will prolly be in the top 15, and is a lock to be higher than 26. Next year's draft may be deeper, so I hear. Denver must really want someone at 26,

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

3. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Damn utah did a smart deal. Denver will probably be in the lottery next year and utah will get that pick !!

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

4. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

I am sure it is one of those deals where Denver can convey the pick by trading down to the lower end of the 1st round and render the pick to the Jass. Kind of like the raw deal we got for Turksan(?)

5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was just about to ask if it was conditional.

Denver does have an Orlando pick coming to them...

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.

6. JT

JT Member

I haven't heard any details such as conditions but it is a potentially good trade by Utah. Denver may be trying to get extra picks in order to try to move up. I can't think of anyone likely available at #26 that would be worth giving up a possibly higher pick next year.

------------------

7. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OK, I found out the details.

Denver has a pick coming via Cleveland.

That pick will be Cleveland's own if its not lottery, and it will be Phoenix's if they are in the lottery.

Then depending on the two picks, their own and the one from Phoenix/Cleveland, Utah gets the later one.

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.