1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karla Chokes. Jazz Go Bye-Bye!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Almu, May 27, 1999.

Tags:
  1. 4CJ33

4CJ33 Member

That was a cool pic rockfan!
    ~~~now someone please explain why the heck karl malone could possibly get MVP/ & what the heck happened? He surely didnt show for game 6. I actually started to feel kind of sorry for him..but then I thought of how he whooped Othella upside the head that one day...and...HOW SWEET IT IS!~~~

2. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Wondering if the NBA could take back the MVP after last night's debacle?

I wouldn't be surprised if Jazzholes talk trade since THEY ARE THE ONES TAKING AN EARLY VACATION. Heeheehehe.

That and I'll pocket $100 from the lone Jazzhole at work who thought they would win last night....thanks Karla!

------------------
    ...WE'LL BE BAH-K!!!

3. Jenna

Jenna Member

Almu....

He didn't have a good game. Couldn't get anything he shot to go in. Oh well. Things like this happen. Can't take anything away from Portland - they had all the answers last night. Brian Grant was amazing against Karl; the entire team seemed to want the game more than Utah. Going after loose balls like they were million dollar bills.... Portland played better than Utah. They deserved to win the game. They played better than Utah all series. They deserved to win the series.

You know what....I still love Karl. He's still my MVP, has been for 14 long, long seasons. And he's the NBA's, too....getting the second trophy next week.

I'm not going to get all upset right now....I already did that and I'm sure I'll do it again in not too long. Is it the way I wanted to see his season end? Of course not, but that's the way it did. I can't change that; he can't change that; no one can change that. So he won't be the happiest guy all summer long....wait, I can't remember a summer in which he was Mr. Happy. What's that poster Charles had up in his locker while he was in Phoenix...."That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Time to take that to heart now.

Anyhoo....looks like my worst nightmare is coming true - I'm going to support the San Antonio Spurs. They better win....they're the only team left, in the West, that I could stomach going to the Finals. Afterall, if they make it to the next round, I get to go (and just to be annoying, I'll be going for the team out of the East, unless it's the Knicks - I love Spree and Pat, but c'mon, how can I support a team that knocked the Heat out? Can't do it. Won't do it.). Won't be quite as much fun as the Finals the last two seasons, but then again, there's nothing better than seeing MJ lose a game.

Give Portland credit....they knocked off the defending Western Conference Champions in championship fashion.

------------------
    Jenna
    I admit it, I like Karl Malone. I like the Jazz. I like the Heat. What's the big deal? I'm still giving all my money to the Rockets....

[This message has been edited by Jenna (edited May 28, 1999).]

4. Jenna

Jenna Member

BlastOff....

And who would they trade?

Karl?

He's a free agent, ya know.

Shandon Anderson?

Free agent.

Stockton?

Not in this lifetime.

------------------
    Jenna
    I admit it, I like Karl Malone. I like the Jazz. I like the Heat. What's the big deal? I'm still giving all my money to the Rockets....

5. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Um....

The Jazzhole did not make it to work today. I wonder why?

Should I call him at home in a Darth Vader voice and make fun of him? I have a feeling that by Tuesday, it won't be as much fun to ridicule him. He won't be as sad.

------------------
    CHEATERS NEVER WIN!!!!

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm a Rocket fan.

Which means I'm not a Heat fan and I sure as hell ain't a Jazz fan.

And thank God too ... because dealing with one major playoff disappointment is bad enough.

------------------
    Clutch

Offseason Headline
    "Clutch Report: Scottie says it could be worse: 'We could be Utah'"
    www.clutchcity.net

7. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Actually Jen I was thinking sign-and-trade....but on second thought, only Hollywood would want such actors.

Huh?

Riiiiiight!!

Excuse the tone (if you detect one), but around here we're wolves and the Jazz are juicy t-bones!

------------------
    ...WE'LL BE BAH-K!!!

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This is a little ridiculous. You guys are more worked up about this than anything the Rockets have done all year.

I want to root for SA, but I'm having trouble because I don't want Duncan to move ahead of Hakeem as far as being one of the all-time great centers. If he wins a ring this early in his career, he'd be well on his way to surpassing Hakeem in greatness.

9. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Freak,

If "worked up" means joyful that the Jazzholes met their doom, then yes! I for one am pumped. It means I'll actually get to enjoy my summer without hearing, "well, at least we made it to the Finals once again..." and I respond, "Rings: Rockets 2, Jazzholes Double Goose eggs". Now today I hear, "Yur welcum! Well, I hate to admit it, but I was wrong 'bout them Jazz...". No sh*t?!

It's a happy day for me (...at least for my wallet--*chi-ching!*)! [​IMG]

------------------
    ...WE'LL BE BAH-K!!!

[This message has been edited by BlastOff (edited May 28, 1999).]

10. Rockfan

Rockfan Contributing Member

true that blastoff, and Jenna, those lines you typed about Malone and his MVP, it just made me want to vomit...
    "You know what....I still love Karl. He's still my MVP, has been for 14 long, long seasons. And he's the NBA's, too....getting the second trophy next week."

Yuck, from a fellow Rocket fan, that made me want to vomit.

He has his dirtiest season of yet, he has a terrible FG% for him (which hovered under 45% for most of the season) less than his expected points per game, Mourning was much more deserving of the MVP, Malone in NO way, deserved that.

Karl Malone; elbow flying, arms flailing, body flopping, sucker-punchin', illegal pickin', illegitimate fatherin', english abusing, dumb comment spewin', self-promiting but undeserving MVP; He got what he deserved, now when will he retire?

11. James

James Member

TheFreak, just to let you know, Duncan is a POWER FORWARD. Dream is a CENTER. There is a difference ya know. DRob is still the Center on that team.

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Malone....MVP? Say it ain't so!!!

He didn't do anything spectacular enough to warrant the MVP award this year.

Although I hate the Spurs almost as much as the ****, I would have to give the MVP to Duncan. Without him that team would have been a 7th or 8th seed EASY.

------------------
    Barkley for President!!