1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I lost a little respect for Carr tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketSiv, Nov 30, 1999.

Tags:
  1. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

The man was bitter about leaving Houston if you want to call it that. Atleast he said that he did not like the trade and did not want to go to Vancouver. ANyways his flagrant foul seemed as though it was more than to just be a hard foul and is it a coincidence it was delivered to Francis, the man he was traded for? Well maybe but it sure seemed to me like a foul with more of the intent to injure rather than to just stop a drive to the bucket. That being said I kind of lost a lot of repect for Carr tonight. He never fouled anybody like that in Houston.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I heard about it, but didn't see it... if what you said is true, he really is the "Big Dog" (no, not "Dawg", but "Dog"). But seriously, while flagrant fouls shouldn't be condoned, hard fouls are how the big men let the little guys know they're in foreign airspace. [​IMG]

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This wasn't just a hard foul Doc.

4. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

That was a very deliberate flagrant foul. He is known for that - getting payback usually for one of his teammates. In this case, it was payback for the foul of Carlos Rogers on Michael Dickerson under the goal on a fastbreak. Carlos got called for a flagrant although it didn't look like one. However, he sure didn't try to help Dickerson up either. So Brian HIll put in Carr who clobbered STevie and I don't think he was that close to the paint.

It was probably a combination (just my opinion) of payback for Dickerson and wanting to show Houston what he thought of the trade too.

He has always been known as somewhat of an enforcer though. Think he did do that once at least in Houston although I cannot remember the circumstances. He just didn't play good in Houston and was injured.

5. theWIGMAN

theWIGMAN Member

This should not come as a surprise. I think us long-time Rockets fans know what to expect from the original Big Dawg. They hit him with the flagrant foul like they should. Remember Francis' not-so-fragrant foul on Dirk Nowitzky? In the NBA, what goes around eventually comes around. Francis has dished it out ... now he needs to learn to take it.

6. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

antoine does alot of things to work his local fanbase over... i wouldn't doubt that a hard foul against stevie in vancouver would be a calculated foul by the big dog...

it's weak when it's against your team, but if he's on your team everybody considers it 'scrappy play'. i just think it's lame.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I just watched SportsCenter and saw the foul. That was just a knock to the head... pathetic. At least Barkley didn't go nuts and get kicked out after seeing it.

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

8. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

Yeah, now those hillbilly fans from country side of the Griz, who don't have motor oil but tomatoes, must love Carr more.

9. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

How many of you could stand Carr at all before he became a Rocket?

He's always been an ass, in my opinion-- I mean, I can remember him woofing and taunting the fans at a Cavaliers-Jazz game in the early 90s after he dunked. He was pretty fired up to cut the Cavs lead to 35 with two minutes to go.

Carr is the epitome of the kind of player you hate until he's on your side.

10. verse

verse Contributing Member

i didn't much like him when he was on the rockets.

nothing like having oliver miller, sr. on your team.

11. Denny_13

Denny_13 New Member

I must 1st state that I am a "Big Dog" fan. He's a great role player and likes to bang in the paint. I didn't see anything too nasty with what he did. He just gave Stevie a hard foul....with no person vendetta or pre-consieved plan. That's the way Antoine plays. I was pleased to see Stevie stick it right up those Grizz fans.

PS: However, I don't blame them somewhat for feeling some animosity toward Stevie.....It does make the draft a bit of a joke ( somewhat ). The point of the draft is too even the spread of teams abilities ( in theory I know ) and if players start to say "I don't like that place send me there", it all gets very ugly....they are pos aren't they ???

12. Primetime

Primetime Member

What do you expect from someone who spent several years in the Jerry Sloan school of wrestling, I mean, basketball.

------------------
    Look out, The Kid is about to blow up!