1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Start Shandon at the 3, give the Wiz the Bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Nov 30, 1999.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that we should bench the Wizard and have francis, anderson, and mobley on the floor at once. This would be our best running line up. The Wiz is just not passing enough. Shandon is a much better passer, i noticed that against the Griz.

2. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

The Wizard should be benched for one reason: he's not shooting the ball as he used to. If he no longer have the shooting touch, I'd rather start Bullard over him. They both play the same game: having little D. But Bullard shoots well, at least.

It's been long discussed here that Shandon should start at the 3. Unfortunately, Rudy doesn't visit this board very often.

3. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I've always thought that would be a good idea, but I think the reason we are not seeing it is because after Mobley there are no other shooting guards on the roster. So if you put him in your starting lineup, you are like moving down your roster and it creates an inbalace among positions. I think if the Rockets are serious about this season, they will push to bring in a John Starks type (maybe even resign Mack) and then move Mobley to the starting spot.

4. CaucasionSensation

Hell let's start a fan club, build a tree house, or start a petition. Walt the fart Williams sucks. Anything we can do to get him out of the starting line-up should be given serious consideration. The fact that Anderson is really more of a 3 makes this even better, and especially at a time when Cat is beggining to dog people. Rudy needs to pull his head ou tof his rear, and quit worrying about Walt's tender feelings if that's whats holding this up.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Wiz is stinking up the joint,besides starting Cat at the 2 and Anderson at the 3 is definitely the way to go .....great defense and lots of fast breaks....I agree 100%.Walt has been in a slump all year and even if he comes out of it he has no business starting.C'mon Rudy.......throw us a bone.

6. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Walt's definitely in a slump. I wonder if he still is lighting it up in practice, so Rudy has been giving him time to get his sea legs? Even if so, he's a vet...what's the problem?

Did ya'll notice Shandon's Deee last nite? WOWAaa.

CaucasionSensation,
    A little suggestion, your points can be lost in juvenile prose.