1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Demphasize the post, and Hakeem and we win...hmmmm?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 23, 1999.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, I know the Mavs were short handed, but I liked the fact that the post offense was used sparingly. I also liked that Rudy had Barkley and Olajuwon seperated on the floor tonight. Olajuwon and Charles seem to have a hard time in that they both want the left block.

I have been waiting for someone to breathe fire into the Rockets...show some heart, and Charles definitly did that tonight.

I hope they can keep it up, they seem to be improving somewhat, but I am not convinced they will be a good team, THIS year.

DaDakota

2. CaucasionSensation

They used many more backscreens tonight for Hakeem than I have ever seen, and it caught Dallas off-guard. Seriously though the only reason that the Rocks went away from Hakeem is because Hakeem gets worked by Bradley defensively and their last encounters have shown it.

We got some terrific effort tonight from Anderson (shooting well!), Chuck (maybe I won't trade you for rebuilding just yet), Francis (active as heck and Dallas had no answer), Rogers (active, very active), Drew (possibly best game of the year for him, shot like he is capable of, and made some good passes, still crappy crappy defense). Rockets just hit on all cylinders tonight, except for Williams and Cat.

3. M-&-M

M-&-M Guest

Cool. Now THIS is the Rocket team we have all been hoping to see. Shooting, running and scoring. Yes Dallas did have only 8 players available, but a win is a win.
    Keys to victory were our shooting 53% and Francis only had 3 turnovers. Both
    great trends. But before we get too excited, let's see how we do against the Great Scott and his Blazin buddies Friday night......

4. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Right on, Right on. Who's that bad man that put Shaq on his back? CHUCK! You damn right...

------------------
    The truth is out there... but not in the post.

5. tod the bod

tod the bod Contributing Member

I think that de-emphasizing Hakeem in last night's game was Rudy's reaction to the fact that Hakeem sucks when he has to go up against Sean Bradley. Bradley has ten inches on Hakeem and just seems to bully Hakeem around, especially since Hakeem does not want to go to the dream shake any more. Its hard to shoot a jump hook over a freak of nature like Bradley.

One can only hope that Rudy T. will learn from last night's game and continue to place less emphasis on the post-up game. Of course, last night's game was against a weakened Mavericks team. Consequently, while it was an important win and a very good win (with the exception of the Rockets miniature collapse), I don't know how much can be taken from last night's game.

6. Mulder

I have a new role for the Wizard until his alleged slump is over. On Friday night, he should run down the court on the first play of the game, move right over to Pimpen and pop him right in the kisser! That way Pippen is out for the game (and possibly another if he is still concious and decides to swing back), Wiz has time to work on his game in his "off days", and after the game, Pippen's jaw will be wired shut so he can't talk any smack about how he whipped our asses.

By the way, for those of you with no sense of humor this is a JOKE. [​IMG] Happy Thanksgiving!

------------------
    The truth is out there... but not in the post.

7. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

Hey Mulder,

I thought it was Barkley's job to take out the star players on the other team [​IMG] Of course, there's no way Pippen would be stupid enough to swing back, but it would be fun to see.

8. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

I'd like to see Thomas Hamilton do it. [​IMG]

9. Mulder

Awww Awww Awww Awww...

Mulder said knock Pimp out. Somebody knock Pimp out. Walt's gonna knock Pimp out. Chuck's gonna knock Pimp out...

Awww Awww Awww Awww...

10. IWannaBeLikeDream

I too, think someone should beat Pippen.

------------------
    "Not NOW, Cato!!!"
    -Kevin Calabro, Sonics Commentator

11. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

One win and everyone goes nuts!