1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks shopping Jerome James

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hooroo, Nov 15, 2005.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/364906p-310784c.html

Deke arrived via NY. Not the bargain this time around but Rox will need to find a suitable replacement for Deke when he's gone after next season. This would given them time to see if JJ fits if he doesn't they can shop him.

How about Juwan for Jerome James + David Lee?, the salaries match.

2. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

No way in the world we want him. With that contract (which is for 5 years), Jerome James is close to untradeable. He assumed the starting job was his when he signed, but when the Knicks brought in Eddie Curry, the pouting started. James will be worthless for the Knicks this year because he's a sorry bball player, has no incentive to get in shape & play hard AND has no reason to put up with Larry Brown's nattering and nagging. It will be like Mo Taylor was with us last year.

Jerome James, bloated long term guaranteed contract and Isiah's Knicks. A perfect match. Throw in Larry Brown as coach and you get DNP DNP after DNP.

3. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Not to mention Channing Frye who has performed well beyond expected. Knicks finally got a break out of him. Too bad they lost Sweetney who is turning out to be the best player out of that trade over the summer.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That was a quality signing.

5. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Isiah Thomas always is such an idiot in term of managing teams. He and Dolan family are perfect match.

6. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

somehow this doesn't surprise me even though they just signed him this past summer. they should have done more research to see that see that he's a stiff who can't play, instead of paying him $5 mil. a season to keep the bench warm. another smart move by isiah.....

7. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I just love this... how there's an article in some New York paper every damn day about how the Knicks "are interested in so-and-so," or "Knicks are shopping so-and-so." These amuse me absolutely to no end. It's like talking in-depth about how the world is round. DUUUUH, of course the Knicks are interested in so-and-so. Who aren't they interested in, given that roster and that cap number?

I'm still waiting for some writer to get it over with and write "Knicks interested in trading their entire roster for anyone else's entire roster. And when I say anyone's, I mean anyone's."

8. JamesC

JamesC Member

Damn seven games into the season and he's already being shopped. Anyway Jerome James is a Kelvin Cato clone. We dont need him.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He's lazy, hence why he averages less than 10 MPG after being signed by the team THIS season to a huge contract.

Why would you want a player who can't even play with a team that recently signed him to a huge deal?

Aside from lack of motivation, there has to be something else wrong with him.

10. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

i would take cato over james anyday, and i HATE kelvin cato. that's how bad jerome james is...

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Another bone head move by Zeke. No one can forsee injuries, but I don't see how any owner in their right mind could give his checkbook to him and let him do what he wants.

Look at the contracts he has added since taking over:

Marbury
    Crawford
    Q
    M. Taylor
    M. Rose
    J. James
    Antonio Davis
    Penny Hardaway
    Eddie Curry

* That's not mentioning some of the bad contracts he added, but managed to deal. Ex. Moochie, Baker, Tim Thomas, etc...

And he managed to trade away their only decent pick in years when they dealt Sweetney.

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

That didn't last long :rolleyes:

This guy ISiah is simply an idiot, I don't see how else I could describe him.

13. leehoang

leehoang Member

No, Juwan is a better shooter, and we need him to knock down those jumpers from time to time.