1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jay Will has decided to sign with.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

no one!

From up here in Dallas on 103.3, they said he's just going to continue rehabbing. So there ends the saga of Jay Will coming here.

2. Toast

Toast Member

Until Bob Sura retires? ;)

3. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

!!

Damn, Spree hasn't landed yet either!!! Wow, Training camp is tomorrow.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

why is this posted here?

5. AlexVanderpool

Because the rox were going after him...

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

ridiculous

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

well seeing as how we dont have room for him on the roster right now it is nice of him to wait for us. :cool:

9. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

So maybe the whole Jay Will topic will die for another year. I still don't understand why so many people wanted us to sign him when it was obvious he wouldn't be a rotation player.

Better luck next summer.

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Should have taken the deal with the Rapts but I guess he felt like taking their deal was like working for minimum wage. Don't get it, he would rather sit until someone comes along and offers him a guaranteed 1m/year, well he's got a long wait. Glad the Rox didn't pick him up.

11. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

I'm surprised that more people didn't post to this, so just in case it got lost in the mix, I'm going to bump it. Here is the article:

[ESPN] Williams decides he needs more time for rehab (Oct. 4, 2005)

After working out for several NBA teams, Jay Williams said he will put his playing comeback on hold.

Williams was riding a new motorcycle in June of 2003 when the bike got away from him and slammed into a utility pole.

He severed a main nerve in his leg, fractured his pelvis and tore three of the four main ligaments in his left knee. He spent two weeks at a Chicago hospital before being transferred to Duke University Medical Center, where he rehabbed.

"After working out with several NBA teams and discussing the options with my family and my business team at BDA Sports, I have decided to postpone the invitations I received to NBA Training Camp to continue working on the rehabilitation process for a few more months," Williams said in a press release. "While I was hoping to be ready for training camp, I never wanted to put a timeline on my return.

"When I know I can compete at the highest level, the way I want to, I know there are several teams willing to give me a chance."

Williams did not reveal which teams made offers.

The setback is in contrast to his rising hopes as recently as July.

"I'll be somewhere by October," he said then. "It's been a long journey, it's been a long road. I'm glad I can finally see a light at the end of it."

Williams, 25, led Duke to the national championship in 2001. He was drafted in the first round a year later by the Chicago Bulls with great expectations. He had his ups and downs as a rookie, before finally losing his starting spot. He averaged 9.5 points and 4.7 assists in 75 games as a rookie.

Williams said he intends to continue his work as an analyst for ESPN.

12. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

The only team Jay will be on in November is Team Kawasaki