1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2005 Minnesota Summer Leagues - Game 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

i don't think chuck hayes or malick badiane will be making the team. but i think both baxter and glover will get looks in training camp, they were by far the best players.

2. The Hungarian Rocket

Hayes played only 24 minutes...

Baxter made 6FGs in 16 minutes :)

3. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Hollis Price hade a very solid game. 13 points, 7 assists, 2 steals and only 1 turnover. He made 3 of 4 3 pointers.

4. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Thanks DOD, was Chuck Hayes playing the 3 or 4. Do you think can he play the 3 in the NBA?

5. AlexVanderpool

Excellent point... I think that this is probably the case. Badiane was the one getting a "try out" and from your reports, he seems to have failed miserably. That being said, i would like to see him go to the NBADL if he is eligible.

Luther will probably start out next season on the end of the bench, like cassell was, and eventually work his way into the rotation, probably after a midseason trade for a starting 2 guard. Luther should eventually work his way into being the 1st player off the bench in backing up both guard positions.

Id love to see both glover and baxter make the squad...glover would provide excellent scoring off the bench. Baxter could be the ferocious mauler at PF that neither swift or howard are. Both will be very cheap.

roster

pg - sura(trade him), james, head
    sg - wesley, barry
    sf - tmac, glover
    pf - swift, howard, baxter
    c - yao, deke
    ir - (expiring contracts) moochie, baker, wetherspoon

midseason - trade james + a portion of expiring contracts for either a starting caliber 2 guard (bobby simmons would have been perfect) or a solid starting pt guard right now (Antonio Daniels anyone?)

t-mac, i love ya, but please...just say NO to damon stoudemire!!!

6. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Thanks DoD, we really appreciate your reports. I know I do, its all I read while I'm at work. :p

Hats off to the summer leagures too. Hopefully we can bring some of that winning streak to the season.

The guys I really want to bring in are Baxter, Head, Glover and Badiane. All pretty athletic, and with dropping those expiring contracts (hopefully SOON) like the likes of spoon, baker, mooch and ward, these 4 can definetly develop into great backups amongst our 2nd and 3rd strings.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

8. Nero

Nero Member

Question about the revamped NBA-DL ...

Are there going to be/CAN there be players in that league who are NOT under contract with an NBA team already? Or is it strictly going to be populated by signed NBA players as a 'Minor League' system?

In other words, is it going to be a mix of scrubs and signed 'trainees'? Or what?

9. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

The Rockets will retain his rights untill the sign him to a contract.

10. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Let me join the chorus of those thanking DoD for his recaps and presence at the games. If I had the means, I would definitely be there. Perhaps in a few years.

Thanks, DoD!!!

11. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Malick scores a whopping 4 points against scrubs. Wow!!

12. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Feigan on 610 just compared Hayes shot to Barkley's golf swing. He said Hayes will not make in the NBA with that shot. He said Hollis Price and Chuck Hayes know how to play. He said he expects the Rockets to sign Lonny Baxter and Dion Glover to non-guaranteed contracts unless some other team offer guaranteed money which is possible considering the way the played. He also said Malick has improved a lot but still has a lot to improve at. He was also raving about Luther.

13. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

As I understand it, if we do not sign him to a contract and bring him to training camp he is free to go back to Europe and find a position and we retain his rights. If we bring him to camp ( not the same as the summer league ) then he must be signed and if he is cut we loose rights. Since we signed SS who can slide to the '5' if we need it, I consider it a minute possibly that Malick will be signed this summer. IMO they are now considering him a '5' to replace Deke rather than a PF. If he has the talent then there is a real question that a second rate German League is providing the experience he needs IMO.

14. krocket

I almost missed you.

Oh! No I didn't.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Pics and video clips. And, no, my picture-taking ability hasn't improved much - I'm blaming the camera! :mad:

Warning : the file is over 100 megs!

Also, I may have mistakenly named the Game 4 zip file as "game5", so if you're downloading it to the same place on your hard drive, it may ask if you want to overwrite.

http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=23PQEK785B0Z10A7VV0R311RRT

16. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Thanks for all of the recaps DoD. It is definitely a privilege to be able to find out what happened at the summer camp.

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Feigan sounded a little more upbeat on Badiane than DoD saying that he was not ever the focus of the offense, that he was told to play defense and rebound and that's what he did. He also told a humorous story about how Thibideaux was hollering at him at full volume in the empty arena the whole game until the 100 or so fans also started hollering the same instructions. Feigan seemed to say he thought Badiane needed to be in the NBDL to get up to speed saying he has learned a lot but still has so much more to learn. (I heard this about 2 hours ago so I am paraphrasing).

By the way he said that JVG had already left Minnesota before today's game.

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I really dot to hyped over summer league action, but i hope Glover is that "find" for us. Its not like the guy isn't used to the nba. He was a 1st rd pick, should have stayed in school, but maybe he can be a contributor for this team. He still has a solid body and a good athelete.

19. krocket

GATER:
    Do you think we will be eligible to cut a person if we are not in the L-tax? Does that sound right? Or will we graduate into L-Tax with SS + Whoever else.

20. krocket

IMO he sounds alot like BSura. Bobby is a '2' who is 6'5" w/ no outside shot but lots of hustle and toughness. Younger version though. Dion may not have the PG skills tho'.