1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do guys have to be such jerks?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Isabel, Feb 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Isabel

Isabel Member

No, seriously. I know you can't help being male, and that's fine. But...

-If you're having a bad day, don't take it out on your partner. Even if you just ignore her or brush her off, that's bad too. She is counting on interaction and approval from you. That means a lot to women.

-And, when she gets upset (not if, but when), don't blame it on her being overly emotional. You think you would find another woman who was less emotional? No, they're all like that. Unless you're into male partners, you're just going to have to deal with it.

-Would you rather us just disappear and be quiet until it is time to get us into bed? Is that it??? Maybe you just don't have the same capabilities for emotional interaction that we have? (Possibly. But some guys know how to fake it, and, sadly, perhaps that's the smart thing to do.)

Any of you care to explain yourselves or your gender? :) I'm just trying to figure it all out...

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Because women let them get away with it.

3. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

nirvana

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Ferdy grumpy today?

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So, it's our fault that women are high-maintenance?

:)

6. Earl Cureton

Earl Cureton Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Tell Uncle Jimmy all about it.

;)

7. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

We are born this way, live with it.

8. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

^
    !
    !
    !

... And this is from a liberal, sensitive guy, so you can imagine how hopeless it really is.

9. synergy

synergy Member

you know why, because most women are whores. and they are just looking out for one thing: and that is money.

most women will say, and do anything to get their way.

i treat women like dirt, and they keep comin after me these days.

I used to be nice and all to women and that way never worked. I now have 3-4 active gf's and i treat em like crap. i'll admit it, and i'm damn proud of it. The only I'll be getting them for Valentines day is probably just a phone call. Thats it.

If women were straight up and honest, and didnt have to lie all the god damn time, us guys would treat your kind with respect. at least guys dont lie and make up stories and other bull****.

rant over..

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Great post!

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Not all guys are like that.

P.s. Girls are a million times worse. My girlfriend's "friends"(sisters) are fighting with her because, basically, her friend liked me (even though I didn't even know her) four months ago when we started dating. She started "hating" me because I wasn't dating her. So, now, she's bitter, and she takes it all out on my girlfriend (her "friend"). She makes up pointless arguments and mythical flaws that my girlfriend has just so she doesn't feel as guilty when she realizes what the whole thing is about. Also, she's gotten all of her family into this argument, and pretty much most people she talks to. She constantly harasses my girlfriend, and just won't leave her alone. It's pretty bad.

Like I said, girls are worse...

12. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Classic

And thats a question I always ask myself. Why do women stay with men that treat them like crap? I guess I know why now?

13. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Wow, what a stupid post.

Believe it or not, there are couples out there who are in lasting, long term relationships. People who know and understand each other, and can weather all the bumps and traps that marriage brings. I've been with my wife for 21 years, married for 18, and I have never once called her a w****, treated her like dirt, or worried that she only wants my money (good thing too, since I have none). I coulldn't possibly imagine being with anyone else.

And I didn't have to **** all over her to get to this point. Imagine that.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hey did you guys know I'm a younger man in my sexual prime?

15. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Well...there is alot of bad out there and until you meet someone you truly trust and is worth being a true gentleman to, then the attitude that synergy has is a good way to defend yourself emotionally and financially. The truth is that many women will do or say anything to get your money just like many men will do or say anything to get laid.

That is until/if both the man and the woman see that the their partner is worth treating good. Me and my girl are in a good spot right now, but there are times I get upset with her loyalty to her friends and I do get pissed off and just would rather not talk to her at all instead of seeing her and starting a fight.

Like yesterday I was going to get together with her, but she was helping her friend out with some crap and now her friend and b/f are staying at her place until Monday. So I did what any normal, red-blooded American would do. I told her that I would see her Tuesday and she can spend V-day with her friends. While that might seem kind of mean and stuff, I do feel like any relationship needs to establish and re-enforce boundaries. So each knows what is expected of the other. I mean, yesterday you spend time with these people that I don't even know and don't want to know, but now you expect me to spend my evening with them as well? Ain't happening. In the future she will know that I do not approve of this and if she doesn't like it, she [martin] GET TA STEPPIN' [/martin]

16. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

not yet

17. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

If it's a foregone conclusion that she's going to get upset, even if there's no rational reason for her to be - and, in my experience, it is - then what other reason can there be for that, aside from her being overly emotional?

Not that the guy shouldn't just nut up and deal with it until the storm passes. But still.

I'm just sayin'.

18. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I just don't understand this. I guess the times are different now. I always went into any relationship with the intent of having a good time being in her company, not worrying about her intentions. A girl can only walk all over you if you let them. Be honest and open in the beginning, do only what you feel comfortable doing, and quit trying to be the macho bull**** ******* you're pretending to be. Be yourself. If the girl doesn't go for that, then you just move on. If it isn't enjoyable, why stick around?

To me, it's all about confidence, not dishonesty and machismo.

19. AggieRocket

AggieRocket Contributing Member

Awesome post to say the least!!!! My sentiments exactly. My sweetheart and I have been together for 42 years and married for 41. Not a day goes by that I don't count my blessings. I still can't believe that my beautiful lady married a shmuck from Northern Alabama :)

Arguments and misunderstandings are a part of a relationship. There is no getting around it because we are human. Sometimes my wife is at fault and other times, it's squarely on me. We both try our best not to take our frustrations out on each other. I'm an intelligent guy and I know that I have a good thing. I would never say or do anything to mess that up. I don't know why my wife values the relationship as much as I do. Maybe she feels sorry for me and realizes that if she leaves me, this 63 year old knucklehead will live the rest of his life lonely :)

20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

There are some real sociopaths on this board.

Some women might be out to get your money. Don't date them. Some men might be too. Don't date them either. Both men and women might only be after sex too. If you don't want that, don't date them. And both men and women can display the behavior Isabel described. Don't date them either.

I feel sorry for those of you who approach relationships with an adverserial attitude. You'll get back what you put out there every single time.

synergy might be "damn proud" of treating women "like crap," but I guarantee you he's got nothing on Behad in the happiness department.

I don't know you, Isabel. And no matter how much you post here, we'll never know the whole story. That said, please forgive my presumptuousness, when I say you sound deeply unhappy in your relationship and have sounded that way for a while now. I hope you guys will make some kind of change, whether it's therapy, splitting up or whatever. Life's too short to keep putting yourself through all that. The only thing lonelier than being alone is being lonely in a relationship. I hope you take the steps you need to take to change things up for the better.