1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ASHCROFT, evans, resign

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Nov 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Thank the lord! Of the myriad reasons why I wouldn't Bush to lose, Ashcroft was at the top.

Poor Evans; hardly anyone even notices him leaving.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

:D As a Rice alum, I salute your powers of observation, (give or take switching the adjectives "crappy" and "annoying" in some cases).

3. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

AG for AG.

Gen. Gonzo?

4. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

He's the fellow who recommended ways for the Bushies to avoid paying attention to the Geneva Convention by his infamous memos. The start of the Gitmo and Abu Gharib abuses.

5. Chump

Chump Member

I'm glad Ashcroft is out, but this new guy is from the same page as Ashcroft

Gonzo was front and center in the Abu Ghraib debacle

He is the author of the Guantanamo Bay Prision policies that have been routinelly smacked down by Federal Judges all over the country

and oh yeah, he was a lawyer for Enron also

6. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Also got Bush's drug record scrubbed clean, so he's pretty good at lawyering.

7. insane man

insane man Member

is there any reason for me to hope that this new guy wont get approved by the senate?

or is there more of a chance of kerry winning ohio in a recount?

because if you really do need 60 senators i can't imagine there being 5-6 democrats who could realistically endorse this guy and not being any republicans who wouldn't. for god sakes he advocates TORTURE!