1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Incredibles

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RunninRaven, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Great movie, but I have to agree with DaDakota in not being in the top Pixar films and it does seem to drag a bit. Still, great flick and would recomend it to anyone.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

This is certainly my favorite Pixar film so far. But then again, it was the only one I saw in a movie theater(previous ones from my sister's movie collection). Certainly the biggest thing that stands out is how the movie is geared more towards the adults than previous ones. There were a lot of people who brought little kids, 7 and under, who I thought were probably a little young to get the movie.

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

We went Saturday with my son Neice and Nephew. We all loved it. My nephew laughed through the whole thing. Parents BE WARNED, however, this movie will make your kids want to run everywhere they go. I had to chase my 4-year old through the theater because he wanted to be Dash.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that we also got to see the SWEP III trailer. I am really looking forward to that movie.

#23 Castor27, Nov 8, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

OK, please, someone start posting their 1-10 scaled rating, please...!

I haven't seen it yet. :( Can't believe my 6 and 3 year-olds haven't asked to go yet... :eek:

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

If pressed I'd give it around a 9. I really enjoyed it. You shoudl take the kids. They will love it.

6. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I give it a solid 9 as well. I saw it today and loved it. I didn't feel it dragged one bit.

I still can't get over the beauty of the technology of this sort of film. It's just, well, INCREDIBLE to me. I also loved the music, great soundtrack.

Great story and I can't wait for the sequel and you know there will be one.

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope so too. Of all the Pixar films, I think this one lends itself to a sequel the most. Even moreso than Toy Story, and they made a sequel for that. I suppose it depends on if Brad Bird is interested in making another. That dude does some damned fine animated work. I absolutely loved Iron Giant.

8. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Lots of killing and deaths.

9. Woofer

The director ruled out a sequel. Disney owns the rights to create a sequel without Pixar.

10. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

9 for me too. Can't wait for the usual Pixar outtakes. It kind of sucks but is obviously business savvy to save them for later so that people will watch the movie again.

11. Oski2005

Really? I remember reading that he was interested in a sequel as long as it is better than the original.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

7 for me, a good effort just not great.

DD

13. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Can't they just get another director?

14. Woofer

He was the writer and director, but yes, they can do whatever they want with the property since they own the rights for the time being.

This link only good for 24 hours.
    http://www.imdb.com/news/sb/#3

No Sequel for 'The Incredibles', Says Producer

Pixar has no plans in the works for a sequel to The Incredibles, writer-director Brad Bird has told Chicago Sun-Times columnist Cindy Pearlman. "We won't rush into a sequel. No one at Pixar has mentioned it," Bird said. "It's the kind of thing where you want to take some time and work on it so you don't let the fans down." Unmentioned in the interview is the fact that under Disney's current agreement with Pixar, Disney will retain the right to make sequels of Pixar features after the contract expires next year, with Pixar receiving only an 8-percent royalty. The studio also retains primary rights to The Incredibles' characters, including the ability to introduce theme-park attractions based on them

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

The animation is second-to-none for every scene. There is SPEED animation, great sound (surround sound ROCKS), and great voices, including the little lady that does the uniforms...

I agree with those who say that there will be no sequel. The scene at the end is just to show how the family unites to fight for justice again, but doesn't imply a sequel.

You also get the teaser preview for Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, and about 3 other family-oriented animated flicks. The short right before it is a great animation, too.

Go see it. Stuff for adults as well as for kids. Don't listen to DaDakota. :D

#35 SwoLy-D, Nov 9, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  16. Oski2005

Pixar doesn't need to make a sequel, but once Pixar is gone, Disney is screwed. They'll renegotiate the royalties when the time comes IMHO.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oski,

Disney is taking a huge gamble, Pixar has been their primary source of income in the Movie side of things for the last few years.

Disney needs Pixar far more than Pixar needs Disney.

However, Disney owns all the previous Pixar films, and any sequal or derivitive work done on them is under their flag.

Pixar will have to creat all new stuff, I think Cars is the last movie between Disney and Pixar.

On a side note...Dreamworks has become a serious 3d animation contender with Pixar....Shrek 1 and 2, Shark Tale, and the soon to be released Madagascar.

It will be interesting to say the least.

DD

18. Oski2005

I know Disney is taking a huge gamble. If I was running things, there's no way Pixar gets away, but alas, Michael Eisner is hell bent on running that company into the ground.

I read that Disney is trying to set up their own computer animation studio for when they part with Pixar. I hope they don't think that crap like Brother Bear and that Cow movie would be better recieved just because they are computer animated.

19. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Isn't Eisner on his way out?

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

they've tried...but he's held fast, so far. i can't imagine he's there in 5 years, but who knows???