1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Yao became our 5th option this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mycatuity, Nov 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. mycatuity

mycatuity Member

FGA for the first 3 games:

t-mac: 51
    m-taylor: 29
    j-jackson: 27
    j-howard: 27
    yao: 25

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This fails to account for minutes played. Yao has had to sit on the bench for a disproportionate time so far this season due to foul trouble. Check this stat again after about 15-20 games into the season. He'll be right behind Tracy, as he should be.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

this also fails to account for the hurt elbow. If there was any question that the elbow was bothering him all questions were answered last night in memphis when he yanked off the brace / pad on his elbow and flung it down. Of course he was not allowed to go back in until he put it back on.

4. dn1282

dn1282 Member

yea I saw that too. He looked pretty frustrated with that sleeve on his arm. I don't see how guys like iverson play with that thing on every game. Well I guess Yao's sleeve is much stiffer and prevents more movement.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

We need to get Yao the ball everytime he is in the game. JVG doesn't like to get Yao the ball if he is too far out, but Yao is pretty effective even from that range.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Iversons sleeve is not the same type of big bulky thing that Yao wears. Iversons is more like a sock or glove while Yao's is more like big pad and probably has some sort of brace in it to keep his elbow from extending too much.

7. haven

haven Member

Until Yao learns to handle a double team, he'll be the 2nd option to McGrady. As for 5th? Pfft. Don't be silly. In 10-15 games, the natural order will re-assert itself.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I wouldn't look at him as our fifth option. Those stats are a bit skewed do to the fact that yao has been in foul trouble a lot during these 3 games causing him to sit and not play as long, meaning he hasn't had as many shots he is supposed to get.

The shot numbers should go up as long as he can stay on the floor.

9. DanTanna

DanTanna Contributing Member

Yaostertag. Big guy getting his sheet swatted by EVERYBODY!

10. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

poor use of research and statistics. Clouded by opinion and glazed by ignorance. You should write for a newspaper.

11. indaclubam2pm

indaclubam2pm Contributing Member

he made himself the 5th option

12. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

What is the elbow brace for anyways. Is it to protect him from hyperextending his elbow again? If that's the case, then maybe he should consider not using it. I mean, how many times has he hyperextended his elbow in his entire life? ..I bet not too often. The laws of probability would virtually guarantee it would not happen again this season.

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

yeah but a the same time if he gets it hurt again and it gets worse that might not be the smartest thing. It's a bit better to prevent it over all. He tore a ligament in there and the brace is to limit any extra movement to prevent injury. I would rather have him wear it now until he got fully healed then have it hurt a lot more and have to sit an extended number of games.

14. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

is the sky STILL falling ?!?!

...you would have though it had landed by now

:rolleyes:

15. YaoFan

YaoFan Contributing Member

Yao the fifth option? Wow, our team is really deep!

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is so wrong . . . ..

Rocket River
    Spewing coke on my keyboard