1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Taylor/Howard/Weatherspoon????????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by franchise?..NOT, Nov 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. franchise?..NOT

What do you think the Rox are doing with the rotation at 4?.

Is Taylor the best option or are they showcasing him. Are they sending a message to Howard. IMO if Howard and Taylor are essentially soft 4's with offense and the same player then Weatherspoon is a better option as the back-up. A least he can board and isn't a black hole on offense like Cato was. I think EITHER Taylor or Howard as the starter and 'spoon as backup.

You then have someone to trade and of course Howard's contract is easier to trade. How about Howard to Boston for Payton.

Yeah, I know, I am not the greatest Payton fan either but we need some heart on this team and some energy and no one can doubt Payton's heart on the floor. He would also solve the problem of who's team this is for a year or two as he would be the guy setting the offense. It would be nice to have a faster player in his prime but we are a slow half court team anyway.

2. indaclubam2pm

indaclubam2pm Contributing Member

i really want gp, i mean yea he dint do too good last season in the playoffs, but just look at his numbers playing on a team with kobe shaq and malone, and a system which didnt fit him...
    pts - 14.6
    ast - 5.5
    reb - 4.2
    fg%- 47%
    min- 34.5
    G/GS - 82

The last 2 stats prove that even though hes old, he played an avg of about 35 min in all 82 games last season

3. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Sura will be back in december, so we don't need another point guard.

I would rather have a power forward who is willing to play tough defence.

4. franchise?..NOT

Agreed. Who?

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

anyone but Howard. I preferred Mo Taylor to Howard, and I still do. Howard has been a complete non-factor on the floor. With Taylor I get the feeling he is at least trying.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AMEN!! PREACH ON PREACHER!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

7. shawn786

shawn786 Member

We need some power at the 4 spot... Bring in Outlaw?

MoT and Howard are just a little to soft for my liking.

8. Cesar^Geronimo

Bateer !!!!!!!!

o.k. maybe not

9. franchise?..NOT

Would you take Moochie back if it meant trading Taylor for Kurt Thomas? NY gets a backup scorer at PF and we get a banger at PF and we both trade bad contracts. I would sure do it.

10. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Id do it in a second as long as we cut him after the trade :cool:

11. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I would like to see them get a long athletic weakside shotblocker at the 4 ala Stromile Swift or even a Tyson Chandler if he could be had.

12. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Bring back Otis Thorpe!!!

or for that matter just clone Hakeem :eek:

13. Derek James

Derek James Member

Think about it... 2 years ago who would have thought we would be licking our chops to get Cato back? Guess it's true, you don't know what you got till it's gone!

14. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

I am hoping that they trade Howard/Gaines to CHI for Chandler/Duhon, and let them both develop. Then pick up Outlaw, and cut Barrett.

But, we'd need to do this fairly quickly, so Howard doesn't lose value. If we need to throw in a draft pick or two, do it. We're not going to get high ones for quite awhile.

15. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Karl Malone. He's the best elbow slinging PF still out there.:D

16. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

They are too short.

17. Toast

Toast Member

MoT has had a year under JVG's belt. Howard hasn't. MoT & Howard are comparable players. I think it's the experience within the system and history with the team that's help MoT land the starting spot.

I don't care what you guys say, I like MoT's game. I like his P&R defense. I like his defensive positioning overall. He's not the type of guy who will rack up block stats, but he seems to always be in the right place to distract the shooter - get in his face, make him shoot over outstretched arms, etc.

I guess what I'm saying, in reference to your question, is I don't think MoT is going anywhere. I don't think he's being showcased. And I'm pretty sure even if we wanted to trade Howard we couldn't for a while because of issues involving a player traded to you recently, but I don't really know all those types of rules.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Juwan Howard also brings the curse of the Fab Five at Michigan.
    This is the worse curse since that Red Sox one.

19. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Damn tinman how bad do u hate Howard? I dont think iv seen anything positive come out of you about him yet... I mean hes not all that bad though he realy hasnt really made anything of his NBA carrier.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Ok something positive about Juwan:

He's not Chris Webber, who gets paid $100million dollars to be hurt 60 out of 82 games.

He's not Shandon Anderson

He's not Moochie Norris

He's not Scottie Pippen

He's better looking than Popeye Jones

Appears on Read-to-Achieve commercials

Tanked the Washington Wizards so bad, that he brought back Michael Jordan

He's lasted longer than Grant Hill

Not Isiah Rider

Doesnt have as many kids as Calvin Murphy

He's on the bench

Proved no matter how bad you sink your team, scoring 17points a game for the wizards will get you $80 million dollars

Probably a better Offensive Coordinator than Greg Davis