1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jazz > Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by schwa, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So, a non-star team has won a title what....once in the last 24 years? I think I'll take my odds with the star-led approach.

Not to mention that the Pistons have a money go to man on the block in Wallace (which the Jazz don't), a PG that can get his shot against anyone in Billups (which the Jazz don't) and another capable scorer in Rip. It's silly to compare Utah to Detroit.

2. Houstone

Houstone Member

3. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Rebuild from what? All those championships?

4. leehoang

leehoang Member

Since when being 0-2 considered a hole???

Its a 82 game season...

I laugh at some of the peoples stupidity on these forums.

5. schwa

schwa Member

Hehehe, it's so great. Yeah I'm trolling, but if you guys dont like it you don't have to even read the thread or post in it. Also, as for the comment that this site is better, yeah it is. Clutch and I started arguing about Rockets vs. Jazz stuff back in 97. I've watched him grow this site into the juggernaut it is today. It's a fantastic site. I've seen this site go from clutchcity.com to .net and now to clutchfans. I remember his early April Fools Jokes. So somehow, I think I'll manage to not get banned for my silly troll threads.

Back to the issue at hand. Houston lost to Toronto. Denver lost to the Lakers. Those two teams are straight up overrated. Utah looked like they can beat anyone. And keep in mind that they did it without their top two point guards. Just think how good Utah will be when those guys come back. The Jazz have weapons at every spot, and depth. And Carlos Boozer is amazing. He dropped 27 points with 11 boards last night. What a great pick up for the Jazz. Much better than what Houston did. Trading one ballhog for another isn't really the solution that will push Houston over the top. Yao Ming underachieves, and we've all seen what TMac does on his own (wasn't Orlando the worst team in the league last year?). And now you dont have any of the solid players to fill the other spots that you did. I liked the play of Cato and Mobley, and I think you'll see that Houston is going to miss those guys quite a bit.

6. MC Welk

MC Welk Member

I am a Jazz troll, but obviously they are not as good as they looked last night, nor are the Rockets as bad. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rox finish higher than the Jazz if Yao stays healthy and Sura or someone else can emerge as a decent PG. However, I do agree that the Nuggets are VERY overrated. If Sloan and Bzdelik switched teams that wouldn't be the case.

7. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Their fans were always that way, though. That at least has remained a constant. But then again you'd have to be, to be the only people in the entire league to think that Malone and Stockton weren't dirty. Hell, even the other players knew it, but the Jazz fans were too blind/foolish to understand.

Of course, Karma always wins in the end, as those Jazz championships will illustrate. :D

And now, with Malone and Stockton gone....well, no one cares about the Jazz, period. Ah well.

8. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

I think they were dirty...I'm glad they were dirty.

Remember, they were coached by Jerry Sloan.....a man that was dirty himself back in the day. Sadly the Jazz (Stockton and Malone) played the NBA like it was played in the 1970s. Today, players are too soft and too passive.

9. indaclubam2pm

indaclubam2pm Contributing Member

i hate the jazz i hate all the ppl who start doubting the rox, the kings start off 0-2 u think they gnna bust tis season no, similiarily the wizards start off 2-0 so what now 04-05 champs the wizards and rox/kings worst teams in nba, jeez gimme a break , 2games into the season...with like wat only 4 or 5 players from last year, 2/5 of same starting lineup, man yall stupid, in a few weeks wen we get going imma remind yall of wat yall said

10. SlizardOO

SlizardOO Member

0-2 hole? heh, considering that the rockets have been everywhere this pre season, showcased, instead of having time to practice. I mean what do you expect? they had no time to gel because they were busy doing other crap for the league.

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Jazz do have talent. However, I hope they suffer for eternity for their actions this summer. Carlos Boozer needs to be taught a lesson and payback will happen.

I hope you Jazz fans enjoy rooting for a team with him on it. Because karma will get you in the end, it always does.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I couldnt stand Stockton and Malone, but I have to hand it to the Jazz. While one game does not a season make, the Jazz are deep, they can score from everywhere, they have good team defense, and excellent chemistry and coaching. I am not into making predictions but it would not surprise me if the Jazz finished with the 3rd best record in the West behind Minnesota and San Antonio. Shooters, passers, shot blockers, schemes, bench....theyre loaded.

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Game.Set.Match.

Say what you want, Jazz Fan, but rebuilding fast is only worthy of bragging for teams that haven't brought home the big prize.

I also find it hilarious that you obviously came in here with the intent to "rile us up" and yet you aren't really getting much of a reaction. As others have said, it doesn't matter if the Jazz are better than the Rockets this year or the next. The Rockets are building with a formula that will likely win championships. The Jazz are following a formula that has worked once in the last decade or so.

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

<a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=241110026">Toronto 104, Utah 95</a>. And you lost at home to them. Ouch.

As for how stupid you feel right about now, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say it's about 42 million.

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

p0wn3d

:D

16. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

[​IMG]

...sorry, don't mean to be rude. just wanted an excuse to post that:D

17. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

It must be nice to be a j*zz fan, 0 rings and now you are the FLAVOR OF THE WEEK in the NBA!!!! Its gotta be sad that the troll comes out when the only thing he can get excited about is 4 wins at the start of a season.. DONT WORRY we will let you still post, ALTHOUGH we dont know your pain of being a fan of a CRAP organization...

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Is that where eddy curry learned his move on brendan haywood :D

19. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Clutch oh Clutch, when was the last time you were nice to Jazz fans? ... In fact, when was last time you were nice at all? :p

20. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I second this. Thanks Clutch - this site rocks.

That being said:

I hate the Jazz. :D