1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astro trade

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by R0ckets03, Mar 29, 2000.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

For u astro fans out there, they just traded trevor miller to phillies for someone. Sorry I missed it, but its on that BottomLine thingy on the two Espn's. And they also placed Elarton on the DL.

------------------

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Yorkiz Perez is who the Astros got.

------------------

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Are they about to be Rockets? If not, I'm guessing this will be moved to another, more appropriate forum.

------------------
    Is it any coincidence that we are the only team mentioned in the national anthem?

I didn't think so!

4. PhiSlammaJamma

I hope he's a lefty!

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

5. dream_team

dream_team Member

good! Trever Miller sucks... the only reason he was on the team is because he was a lefty. i'm glad to see him gone

------------------

6. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

What about Lima not getting the opening day start in the new ballpark?

I think that is really sh*tty of McLane and/or Dirker to not let Lima get the historical start. The guy won the team 20 games last year.

Is this a new trend the Astros are trying to implement ... screw any pitcher who wins 20+ games?

What are the reasons for Reynolds getting the start?

I'm just frustrated. Lima is a fan favorite and one emotional guy. This is something that could hang over him the rest of the season. Are they trying to tell him that he's not their #1 starter? I feel real bad for him.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

DREAMer, first off, Gooden is getting the first exhibition start at Enron, Dotel, the first regular. Reynolds is starting the first regular game at Pittsburgh. He's been the Astros most consistent pitcher for 4 years now. I think it's a good choice, just like Lima would have been.

I'd much rather save Lima for the games that matter, rather than watch him pitch in a meaningless exhibition game.

Who started the game in 1965 vs. the Yankees in the Astrodome? Not many can remember that one.

Anyway, if Lima can't handle it, trade him. I don't want a guy who gets upset at not starting an exhibition game. He should be happy he's pitching, and go out and pitch hard every outing, regardless of who starts this game.

------------------
    Is it any coincidence that we are the only team mentioned in the national anthem?

I didn't think so!

[This message has been edited by Rocketman95 (edited March 30, 2000).]

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

It was Mel Stottlemyer.

Hope the Astros have a great season!

------------------

9. Major

Major Member

It was Mel Stottlemyer.

haha, so much for your theory, Rocketman. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by shanna (edited March 30, 2000).]

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

With the internet, these days you can find anything out!

[​IMG]

I just wonder if any of the other Astros pitchers b****ed and moaned that they didn't get the exhibition start.

------------------

I didn't think so!