1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Anyone Know where to buy DVDS Cheap over the Net?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dream34, Mar 26, 2000.

1. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Need your help guys.

Do you know of any cool websites to buy DVDs at cheap prices. Just bought a DVD player and wanted to get some of my favorite movies.

I was wondering if there is any kind of DVD movie club (similar to a BMG where you get like 12 and only have to buy one at regular price). If so please respond with the link.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

------------------
    "There is Francis backpedaling at full speed to guard Seattle All-Star Gary Payton on a fast break and then leaping as if off a springboard to make a spectacular fingertip block on what appeared to be a sure layup."

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I think columbiahouse.com is the one that used to have something like "buy 1 dvd at regular price, and get 4 others for 4.95" So thats like getting 5 dvds for 40-45 dollars. Thats the best one i've seen. I wish there was that penny deal for dvds like there are for videos.

------------------

3. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

OHMYGOD!!!!

I can't believe somebody posted this question here! This is like my forte!

Your first stop should be:

www.mainedvd.com

make sure you sign up for the mailing list, and Rob will keep you updated on the best deals as they come available.

your next stop should be:

www.dealcatcher.com

They will inform you on all of the deals out their right now--not just for DVD's, but for just about anything that you can buy online. Most companies just want to get you "in the door," so they'll offer great coupons, like: "Refer a new customer and get $10 off at DVD Express. Both you and referrel get $10 off." You simply create a free new e-mail account at someplace like yahoo.com or hotmail.com, and then you refer yourself--then you get $10 off on two DVD's (one for you and one for the new e-mail account you created {also you})(make sure you use a separate credit card for each order--though you can use the same address--take it from someone who's tried it all)

If you know of any other great shopping places, let me know. I've literally saved thousands of dollars shopping over the Internet these last few years. I know all these deals will disappear one day, but I'm taking advantage of them now. Sometimes you have to be creative (like creating new e-mail accounts), but you can save a lot of money. My fiance and I average about eleven or twelve dollars per each DVD we buy (delivered to our mailbox), and we have one HELL of a collection.

I've also been in Columbia House--for both CD's and DVD's. You'd think that I would learn. They always seem to do something that pisses me off. Your best bet is online coupons at the online retailers.

PERSONAL OPINION: www.reel.com is the best DVD retailer.

------------------
    stop posting my damn signature

4. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Pole and Rocket03,
    Thanks alot. I appreciate the feedback. This is a good starting point.

Pole:
    I think I stumbled across another one of those places where you can get coupons. It is on my PC at home. When I go home I will attach the link for you.

Also what do you think of AMAZON.com. It appears that they have a huge selection as well.

------------------
    "There is Francis backpedaling at full speed to guard Seattle All-Star Gary Payton on a fast break and then leaping as if off a springboard to make a spectacular fingertip block on what appeared to be a sure layup."