1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Islamic USF player: Dispute over uniform led to dismissal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AMS, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

before this thing gets locked....i just wanna say this thread has been pretty informative i think....the discussion b/t sane + adeel + SJC has provided more insight into islamic culture/belief than i had previously known in all my years...i'm still gonna remain pretty much agnostic myself, but it was still cool to find out why they believe in certain things and i can respect that.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

well it's convenient you're an administrator then, i guess. good luck with all that.

3. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

"To be nobody but yourself in a world that is doing its best night and day to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being ever fights, and never stop fighting." -- e.e. cummings

When it comes crashin' down and it hurts inside,
    You've gotta take a stand- it don't help to hide.
    If you hurt my friends then you hurt my pride.
    I gotta be a man - I can't let it slide.

I am a real American,
    Fight for the rights of every man.
    I am a real American,
    Fight for what's right - fight for your life!

Well I feel stronger 'bout right and wrong
    And I don't take trouble for very long.
    I've got something deep inside of me,
    courage is the thing that keeps us free!

I am a real American,
    I am a real American,

I am a real American,
    I am a real American,

If you hurt my friends then you hurt my pride.
    I gotta be a man - I can't let it slide.

I am a real American,
    I am a real American,

4. MadMax

i don't think e.e. cummings' quote means what you think it means.

by the way...your rationale means that any one of us can apply that logic on these boards?? or just you? just wondering in advance, because it didn't seem to work out real well for others here in the past...including the recent past.

5. BrianKagy

Does anyone here speak idiot? If so, how do you say "LIGHTEN THE **** UP"...?

No.

Now seriously, shut up about it. Get back on topic or leave.

6. MadMax

great. just wanted you to have the opportunity to clear that up for every one. i think it's clear. you seem to speak the language quite well.

i'll be happy to leave.

7. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

First of all, thanks for the effort to return to humanity MadMax, some ppl just realize that it can be insulting whent they are speaking of other religions.

Can you prove to me that 2 and 2 is 4, how? what if i refuse to believe? I can just say that no, i see 5. Thats the rationale you are using.

Can I prove to you the quran is true, sure, Its been proven that there are embryos in the shape of chewed gum, when i give you facts and links to prove it, you just say that you wont believe the book because its in arabic or some random reason that makes no sense at all.

How are you more educated than me in Arabic, since that is what we are talking about, or religions, I doubt you are more educated than me in either. If you were to tell me something about economics or something, id probably believe you, but only after I take it up with any other people more educated than me. Kinda like I do with religion

And getting the gist is for ME, the scholars are the ones who research all of this. And lastly, I pulled up another link that doesnt use the words that are hurting your back o so much, the words "implying and seeming to indicate". It says, this IS what the quran says...

8. BrianKagy

OK, I'm done.

I was kidding. Can we be pals?

Yes, who could doubt such proof as "And hath made the moon a light therein, and made the sun a lamp" = (the Qura'an says) "The fact that the light from the moon is a mere reflection of the light from the sun"....?

My heart will go on. :(

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Is this some sort of trick?

10. Sane

Sane Member

BrianKagy,

Extremely weak argument. I'm fluent in Arabic. The verses ARE talking about an embryo, they are not IMPLYING that it's an embryo.

MadMax, thanks for your support, but I hope to carry on with this.

I want to see where he'll go with this.

The Qura'an CLEARLY states 3 stages of the embryonic process.

No implying... It says that it IS all that, and all that is true in modern science, correct?

if it wasn't discovered till ages after Muhammad died, how did he have that information, no matter how little it was?

How the hell did an illiterate, ineloquent man come up with that sentence?

Tell me please.

11. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

The Bible and Koran are neither history or science books. There will come a time when we will see these ancient writings for what they are, myths. Adam and Eve, The Great Flood, Abraham, etc., there are truths within these stories, but it is ancient poetry, and we need to take it as such.

It it obviously sad when modern people cling to ancient myths as scientific fact or history, desperately clinging to an age-old perception of the world. It is becoming more and more evident as our scientific understanding of the world develops. The story of creation, the first and oldest story of the Bible, is one of the most telling examples of ancient myth dispelled of scientific fact (but not truth). Hopefully one day we all will see these great stories for what they truly are, acquiring a better, deeper understanding of ourselves as human beings.

BTW, Sane, I don't know much about this site and probably wouldn't care much for it if I did, but here you go:

Scientific errors and the myth of embryology in the Koran:
    http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-myths-embryology.htm

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

13. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Meowgi,

I think your views are right on the money.

Well spoken.

Great website dispelling the Q'Ran as a myth.

DD

#294 DaDakota, Sep 23, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  15. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Man you come in when he disses christianity, where were you when BK, Hayes, and SJC were tearing apart Islam.

16. Sane

Sane Member

I disagree. The Qura'an is a sceince book, a history book, a rule book, and a morality book all in one... That's the whole point. We say that Islam is not just a religion, and the Qura'an is a book of life. A person's religion is his beliefs and morals. Islam is much more than that, and the Qura'an is MUCH more than just a book about religion with stories in it.

Meowgi, have you read the Qura'an?

As for the website, could you copy and paste it, I can't see it here, it's blocked. Seriously though, I'd love to see it.

17. Sane

Sane Member

Well, Muslims say that "we are more Christian than Chrsitians."

BUt, the same way modern day Christianity doesn't accept that belief, modern Christianity doesn't accept your belief that you're a Christian.

18. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Please define "science" to me. Don't just quote what it's said in a dictionary. I think MR MEOWGI meant it in a sense of knowledges that can be proven by "scientific method", like a hypothesis, followed by experiments, "measurable" data, etc... Science and faith are quite different things, just in case you dont know. Blurring things up won't help any intelligent discussions here.

19. MadMax

meowgi -- just curious...who do you say that Jesus is? in my view, that would be the central question for a Christian.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sane,

The Website is BLOCKED?????

Yeah, you guys are able to think for yourselves....LOL !!

DD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.