1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao trains for 3 hours daily in the morning at Toyoto center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fa7999, Sep 23, 2004.

1. fa7999

fa7999 Member

2. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

whoo hooooo gets me jittery! the season is nearing! :eek:

3. bob718

bob718 Contributing Member

Does T-mac come to the training too?

If so, he and Yao probably have already met!

4. tigereye

tigereye Member

I kind of doubt so for now.

Mac just landed in town. The man has to get settled in....find a swanky apartment amongs the tons of pics available downtown and uptown. He has to get fimilar with the city, more specifically our massive, traffic clogged, road system that he never had to deal with in all his years in Orlando.

Forget him doing workouts at Toyota Center for now. Hell, does he even know how to get to Toyota Center from anywhere in this city?

I can imagine him now....searching through the maps like a kid looking for that guy in red stripes in a "Where's Waldo" book.

Welcome to life in our city Mac. Good luck, your gonna need it come rush hour.

5. houstoncart

houstoncart Member

Why does he have to find an apartment? Didnt someone post something about him buy a huge house in Houston?

6. tigereye

tigereye Member

Gees, I don’t know.

House, apartment, spot under bridge, mudhole....all the same thing. It takes time to find these things.

And even if he's already found it, he still has to move in and then furnish it. You don’t expect the man, with his bad back, to sleep on the floor, do you?

And as all guys with wives or girlfriend/roommates know, this "furnishing" part is gonna take some time. His wife is probably indecisive right now, playing designer with all that dough at her dispense.

Give him 2 weeks or so to "set up shop." Besides, he was working out like crazy in Orlando before his move to Houston. I'm probably sure part of it was in anticaption of these moments.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

according to the report on channel 26....they have been doing intensive workouts at Rice Stadium for the last two days.

they said that all the veterans are there....so maybe TMac is there already...but they didnt mention him explicitly....so maybe not.

8. user

user Member

It's not like we signed the guy last week. He's signed months ago. And we have championship to win.

9. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Yeah, he does says it's bigger than the one he has in orlando:eek:

10. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Translated verbatim:

Coming back to H-Town, there is no more strange feelings. Of course, it's been two years since I started living here. I remember an old cooking oil commercial: Happiness is eating the meal with your whole family.

I found myself in a happiness whirl pool, it's because Olympics result was happy & lucky. (?yeah, that's what he said)
    Now I go to Toyota Centre to train for 3 hours every morning ( training camp hasn't started, daily training is optional). Then driving home for lunch, have a siesta or shopping or play Counter-Strike. The regular life, not flying here & there to play games. Sleeping on time, repeat the next day.

Being away from the stressful game schedual to live a simple life.

Life is a big piece of cake even with 3-hours daily training.

My God, life is so relaxing.....

11. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

12. tigereye

tigereye Member

First off, the guy does have a life to live outside of basketball.

Think of this as job relocation situations that some of us have to put up with in regular everyday life.

Would you put your job first and leave your family behind immediately?

Or would you prefer to spend as much time with your family as possible and then leave for the job at hand?

Hopefully, I need not explain more…..

13. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well he should enjoy it while he can. Cause it won't be long until he gets back to the grind. Four games in five nights. Yee-haw.

14. houstoncart

houstoncart Member

I think your blowing this way out of proportion.....chill out

15. Sane

Sane Member

I'm willing to bet T-Mac hears about the workouts, and works out with them the next time (tomorrow?) they practice.

16. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I think both sides are blowing out of proportion. The fact is that these are OPTIONAL workouts. And how many starters are actually there. All I heard was Yao, Spoon, Boki, Padge and Lue. Should we be getting down on JJ, Mo, Howard or whoever isn't there either. If T-Mac is dealing with other stuff, whatever that may be, it's okay.

And besides, I agree with Sane in that once T-Mac finds out that the Big Fella is there, he'll probably come down too.

17. DaDa

DaDa Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Fox News on Yao, enjoy! Note the improved english; unbelievable or what?

18. DaDa

DaDa Contributing Member

19. bongman

bongman Member

20. DaDa

DaDa Contributing Member