1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBC.. we have a problem!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Franchise2001, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Why can't the Rockets atleast get 1 game on national television?! This is two years in a row. They have proven to be an exciting team. Houston is a big market, so ratings wouldn't be a problem. Everyone loves the Francis/Mobley backcourt but nobody gets a chance to see them. For the love of god, atleast one freakin game.. they are even putting Minnesota on NBC(they should lose their rights to be on national TV for the under the table crap w/Joe Smith). Oh well, there is only one solution to get on NBC.. MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

------------------
    BILL KENNEDY SUCKS!

[This message has been edited by Franchise2001 (edited July 29, 2001).]

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Three things:

1) The Rockets are on national television 10 times this year. 7 on TNT, 3 on TBS.

2) NBC has horrible NBA coverage compared to Turner Sports. For crying out loud, they had to show rock concerts and game shows to hold the viewers' attention at halftime. Their studio guys are that lame!

3) The Rockets are cursed by NBC. Seemingly every time they play on NBC, they lose. Consider 10 Turner appearances a blessing! The only time I want to see the Rockets on NBC (as opposed to Turner) is deep in the playoffs! [​IMG]

------------------

3. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Totally agree. NBC is and has been a jinx.

------------------
    When will I reach 1000 posts ?

4. WhiteMagic02

WhiteMagic02 Member

My only question is what does NBC do if MJ decides to come back?? They will certainly have to make some changes to fit him on there every week.

------------------

5. Old School

Old School Member

If the Rockets are a playoff caliber team you can count on games being added by the end of the year. They have that built in flexibility.

Old School

------------------
    I voted YES!

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

If MJ comes back, every Wizards game will be "Game of the Week" somewhere.

------------------
    Who's your buddy? Who's your pal? I am, aren't I?

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The Wiz have the 1st NBC game right? What happens if he doesnt come back! Not even Jordan at his prime could take that team past the 1st round.

------------------
    "banging Shaq is a whole different expirience"-Pete Babcock
    Behold the power of quotation

8. DaneB

DaneB Member

I would much rather have Rockets games on Turner for two reasons. For one, its a lot more fun to see Charles, Kenny, and EJ joking around and having fun. Rather than watching Ahmhad, KJ, and PJ straight faced. Also, with NBC they could always change their schedule on us and get rid of a lot of games like they have in the past.

------------------
    "I would like to live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were ever supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."
    -Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest

9. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

She didn't <u>really</u> say that, did she?

------------------
    All hail Fadeaway's Cyberfish -- your 2000-2001 BobFinn* Fantasy Basketball League Champions!

10. Tolpatcsh Verkinder

The Rockets are jinxed by NBC, and Turner Sports has superior coverage anyway.

------------------
    The time for logic and reason has come and gone.

It's homer time now. Believe.

11. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

EDIT: Nevermind.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Iron McFist (edited July 29, 2001).]