1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what if the Orlando trade bites us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by runninhorns, Jul 25, 2004.

1. runninhorns

runninhorns Rookie

What if .........
    The Rockets somehow don't play well and do well for the next two years either due to injuries or we just don't mesh well together. It seems like Francis's visit to China will strengthen his relationship with Yao. What if Yao doesn't sign an extension with the Rox and takes less $$$ to sign with Orlando in 2 years? Anyone think of this? I know Yao isn't $$ hungry, so a $20-$30 million more the Rox will be able to offer yao won't make a difference. I know Yao will be a restricted free agent, but what if he tells the Rox he really wants to leave and that he threated to stay in China if the Rox matched the an offer by Orlando if Orlando does pursue him. These are all what ifs in the worst case scenario.

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

Ive always wondered who we might be selecting with our 1st pick in the 2007 draft.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What if the sky fell! What would we do then?

What if we won 5 championships in a row and Yao and Tmac led the way?

Just a couple of what ifs to add to the list.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Codell, c'mon now. Don't you know that Badiane really is our 2007 #1 pick?

5. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

What if the Michael had never retired and we met them in the finals?

6. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

You know, I've heard that the sun will go out one day. What if that happened :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

7. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

What if they invented an elevator that went to the moon?

------------

By Steve Kettmann | Also by this reporter Page 1 of 1

02:00 AM Feb. 04, 2003 PT

The Columbia disaster could spur faster development of a radically different approach to reaching outer space: the space elevator.

Long imagined by science-fiction writers but seen by others as hopelessly far-fetched, the space-elevator concept has advanced dramatically in recent years along with leaps forward in the design of carbon nanotubes. Using the lightweight, strong carbon material, it's feasible to talk of building a meter-wide "ribbon" that would start on a mobile ocean platform at the equator, west of Ecuador, and extend 62,000 miles up into space.

Today's the Day. An elevator could be attached to this ribbon to ferry materials such as satellites and replacement parts for space stations -- or even people -- up into space. The project could become a reality as soon as 15 years from now, experts say.

"Technically it's feasible," said Robert Cassanova, director of the NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts. "There's nothing wrong with the physics."

NIAC has given more than $500,000 to Seattle-based HighLift Systems to develop the concept under the leadership of the company's chief technology officer, Bradley Edwards.

8. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Frankly? It never so much as crossed the remote stretches of my imagination. Winning is the big deoderant and IMO Yao and McGrady will do their share.

9. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

What if you didn't post this thread?

10. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

What if the Rockets signed Jesus and the Magic signed Buddha? And what if while they were playing in the NBA Finals, Godzilla attacked the city and a giant asteroid struck the earth?

11. runninhorns

runninhorns Rookie

Gater, what is IMO mean on your post?

12. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Gater did not call Yao a name. Not dreaded the "Eye-Mo's!" Noooooo!

;)

I = In
    M = My
    O = Opinion

....IMO

For future reference: http://www.webenet.com/internetglossary.htm

#12 DavidS, Jul 25, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2004
  13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"What if...my heart stops beating? What if I'm looking for a bathroom and I can't find it? And what if........my bladder explodes... "

14. sup123

sup123 Member

how did i know that those pics in that other thread were gonna lead to this thread. LOL!

15. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

What if there is a Texas-sized astroid that's going to hit earth tomorrow? Where I can hide to avoid the impact? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

16. Sane

Sane Member

Yao can't threaten to stay in China if Houston match. He has a LEGAL CONTRACT. He has to play it out. He has no choice.

It just doesn't make sense. It's possible - just like it's possible you'll smash your own face into the computer right now. But it's extremely unlikely.

17. haven

haven Member

Personally, I'm very concerned with the entire team dying in a fiery plane crash.

We should plan for this contingency by sending each player on a separate flight, with an additional plane cruising near Yao and Tracy's plane for potential plane-to-plane rescue measures.

Only then can we feel safe. Get to it Les :mad:.

18. runninhorns

runninhorns Rookie

07-25-2004 02:47 PM

Yao can't threaten to stay in China if Houston match. He has a LEGAL CONTRACT. He has to play it out. He has no choice.

It just doesn't make sense. It's possible - just like it's possible you'll smash your own face into the computer right now. But it's extremely unlikely.

Hey Sane, Yao can do what he wants. He can just retire from the NBA.

19. haven

haven Member

Of course he could threaten to stay in China. Yao isn't a slave. The proper action by the Rockets would be for breach of contract, and they'd be entitled to damages.

Who knows... they might even get an injunction... which might well not be enforced.

20. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

What if this thread never existed?