1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Goodbye old friends

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Voice of Reason, Jun 29, 2004.

1. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I'm kind of a mix of mrpaige and nWo. I'll follow any group of players wearing Rockets unis, but I read this site more for the Hangout and the Astros forum than I do the GARM.

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Keep it real VOR!

gonna miss ya!

AND THE KNICKS SUCK!

;)

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Been a rocket fan FOREVEr
    it seem

VoR - sorry to see ya go
    I met a few folx fomr Rhode Island
    [nsbe conference]
    Joked that i didn't know they had black folx there
    they got offended . . . but hell . .they asked
    me if i rode a horse to school [when i said only
    on fridays . . they took that to heart too]

I'm a big Cat fan . ..er. . . Cuttino fan
    Orlando gets my #2 spot as second favorite team

as for the knicks. . my condolences
    and
    REMEMBER '94

Rocket River

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Good luck, as I'll be watching the Magic this year...Of course, that's if the Rockets aren't playing that night...;)

5. The Voice of Reason

As a Team, you need an real long time to reall love them.

Especially if you already have a team. I have a good 20 years invested in NY, and well it sucks to have the worst managment in the league, but well what can ya do. Also I get inundated with articles about them every day in tha paper. I live in NY plain and simple. I had to go out of my way to find out what was up with Cuttino. So in the process if following Cuttino I collect some Houston love, but even still I get 10x more NY love. I mean Peter Vescey lives in my town and I see him at the gym and at the deli, so its not like I can avoid the Knicks.
    6 years of following Houston with a bevey of players that I have known and respected for years (Hakeem, Charles, Clyde, and rudy at coach)
    all those guys are gone and the of the guys left I only really have love for a few of them Cato, Francis, Cuttino, Jackson, Taylor, and the other jackson. All the rest mean little. I got some Yao love, but nothing crazy.
    also its hard to support a town that has b****ed and moaned every day, and every hour of those days about the best bargain in the NBA. I mean you bastids were pretty harsh on Cuttino, a guy that took a 50% pay cut to play for you. I hope Orlando gives him more love. I mean Shandon anderson got more love and he sucks so incredibly baddly, and always have. but now the Knicks have him.. Yay my least favorite player ever.
    so anyways like I said I have attatchment to maybe 6 rockets including the coach. after this trade I really just like the coach. I mean jackson, jackson, and the fat pot head taylor isnt really something to be emotionally tied to.
    There really isnt a place for me to go for Orlando stuff, so well I will be reading things, but this team has a long way to go before the season starts.

all I can do now is hope that the Knicks somehow manage to get my least favorite coach, and my least favorite center from LA, and well if we do we might win a few games. other than that, its all about the 2 guard in central Florida.

as each year goes by I pay more attention to soccer and less to basketball as the flavor of the game is not exactly one I like.

and um I may come by and force my liberal views on you some, but well yeah thanks for all the kind words guys

6. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

I agree that sensitivity decreased, cliquishness increased, etc. But those people who were class have essentially remained so, IMO. Still, I understand the feeling, it's like growing up in a small town, and when it explodes in size, and seems like one big suburb, the feeling isn;t the same, even if the part you grew up in still there.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

hey VOR, it's gonna be sad to see another New Yorker go, I'll be honest, I wish I could leave this site behind, i am not happy with the trade either, but I am obsessed with cf.net, so I may just stay in Hangout forever.

did you know Howie the hockey player at R.I.?I work with him and I rocked a mobley jersey one day and he said he went to school with Cat as well.

8. The Voice of Reason

well Hockey was actually only a club sport at URI at the time, maybe still is I dunno.
    I played hockey on campus like 2 days when the pond between the dorms and the Athletic center froze over and met a couple guys from the team, but well I dont know em Im sure.

most of my friends were greeks, and well spread thruought the whole campus. I was in Beta Theta Pi, but knew so many people that now I forget.

also I was on the cheerleading team, and became friends with a bunch of guys from the pep band.

some of the pep band guys and assiciates became my best friends there. still remain in semi contact with 2 pep band guys and 5 people that lived on their floor(actually met them all at a party before we were at the games together, but well whatever.

so since it has been 10 years, I dont remember a damn person any more.

9. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I disagreed with pretty much everything you have ever posted here and was often irritated by your cocky attitude. However, you brought a great deal of color to the board and made it a more interesting place overall. I wish you well. Good luck.

10. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Thank you VOR for noting that Cuttino Mobley has been underpaid -a bargain for the Rockets during his peak years. Every one should have been grateful for the team $$$ sacrifice Cat made. He was a loyal teamate.

He has been my favorite Rocket since he played point in '99-our playoff with Pippen...

I am a team fan -my best respect for Cat.

If you go - good luck to you. come back and visit.

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

All the Farscape fans are gone. I am alone. :(

Be sure to drop by the Hangout every once in a while. Once a part of a community... always a part of that community.

12. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

A belated but nonetheless Wakefieldian farewell, VOR. The board will simply not be the same without you. And hopefully a few visits are in order during the Floridian matchups.

Of course, this move does allow for others to get a jump on the Rhode Island gammut.

:)

13. Band Geek Mobster

14. Band Geek Mobster

Man, I call bull**** on "King of the BBall League for a few seasons," Voice of Embellishment. "A few" constitutes more than 1, b*stard.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

So long, Voice of Treason

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member