1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Loving the Rockets for never tanking games!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a.k.a vince, Jun 30, 2001.

1. a.k.a vince

a.k.a vince Member

Remember last year when the Rockets got the ninth spot in the draft in a draft that only had 8 quality players. The Rockets traded down to the 15th spot.

And all up to that last month the Rockets had the 6th or some spot in the draft. But they didn't tank. The ended the season on a high and got them selves a bad 9th pick whom they could not take anybody with.

I still remember the chants of the posters all around hoping the Rockets would lose some more games to have a shot at Swift, Miles, Johnson, Martin, Miller, Feizer, Mihm. Crawford was never on the Rockets minds.

But they didn't tank. They kept winning beating the Blazers, Suns, and some of the other top teams in the lague that last Month.

This year, the Rockets pretty much scratched and punched and kicked to get into the playoffs before being eliminated on a bad call by the officials.

The Rockets have 3 supers stars on their squad. Francis, Mobley, and Griffin. And they have never had to endure a pittiful season where teams look forward to beating the Rockets.

I love the Rockets for playing hard all the time and never tanking or losing games on purpose by putting in the reserves for long periods of time.

Tank, the Rockets don't know the meaning of it. Winning builds championships. You don't lose to win. Ala the Bulls who gave up their best player to be the worst again.

Two philosophys at work and completley different.

------------------

2. Valio!

Valio! Member

amen! I loved that they kept scrapping and fighting in every game!

------------------
    "Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." - George W.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Amen! The truth is spoken [​IMG]

------------------

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Francis bearly makes it as super star ... maybe Mobley one day, but Griffin? The boy has yet to play a game!

------------------
    "Bada Bing!"

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Exactly vince. This has got to be one of the most impressive rebuilding efforts in the history of basketball. No losing, no buying of a championship a la the Lakers (at least not yet), just straight up great draft choices and trading of those draft choices for even better draft choices. No tanking. No problem. Rudy and CD are gods.

6. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Freak, totally agree. Exactly what I posted in "remaking the Rockets." Classy and smart organization. [​IMG]

7. a.k.a vince

a.k.a vince Member

Space Ghost!!!

What do you call a super star?

Francis does what he wants on the court.
    Mobley scores at will on the court.
    Griffin is said to be the best talent in this draft, one of the best drafts ever after the potential settles. 18 points 10 rebs and 4.5 blocks a game as a freshman are just kick ass numbers!!!

Last year Griffin would have gone ahead of Miles and some other guys. It's the character issue that pushed him down. Come on though, he's only 19. Rudy researched his past and it's nothing to get alarmed about. After all Iverson is MVP of the league. Character issues are non issues with his talent.

------------------

8. a.k.a vince

a.k.a vince Member

Nonetheless, even if you don't agree that Francis, Mobley, and Griffin are super stars; Kudos to Rudy for building this team from scratch!!!!

Classy organization. Winning is the correct way to rebuild.

------------------

9. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Hell yeah baby!!! We didn't tank like the Spurs!!!

------------------
    CC.net's most courteous driver

Oh yeah, and I'm looking for a job right now, so hire me please :)

10. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

True, true, true.

------------------
    GATER

11. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Does 1983-84 ring a bell? Oh, you meant the Rockets haven't tanked anytime recently.

------------------
    I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip that I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.

12. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Sam, that was under totally different management and ownership, w/the current front office the rockets have not tanked.

------------------
    When will I reach 1000 posts ?

13. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It does not count if the Rockets do it [​IMG]

------------------

14. a.k.a vince

a.k.a vince Member

and that's when they sucked!!!!!

------------------