1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For whatever "plans" the CDC and NIH might have, really more guidelines, that Trump has spoken and tweeted against them during much of this crisis.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Define "modern times". Depending on that - any of the several instances where our government has intentionally made people sick.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Nope. I answered your question, now answer mine. Was the only way to get the ventilators was to overpay? Does conservative mean anything fiscally related anymore?

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently you have no clue what a plan is. If you ask me for a plan, and I give you used toilet paper and say you need to tell me what's lacking, there's a problem.

Plans show the logistics involved. How do you spend money and on what. How resources will be allocated. What the command and control structure is. How will medical supplies be transported. What is the testing strategy. How will caseload and outbreaks be managed.

None of that is in the links you shared. It's not a plan, it's a bunch of recommendations and advisory, and links to various agencies. What do you do for a living?

Nippystix and RayRay10 like this.
  6. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

You answered a question with a question. It was a yes or no question - pretty easy really.
    You give a yes or no answer, then so will I.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The very first word of the post you quoted is a one word answer to your question

arkoe, RayRay10 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  8. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

You're talking logistics for the whole country. Pfffftttt.
    You're still reaching - each state should have their own logistical requirements and deal with them accordingly.

9. dmoneybangbang

No I answered your question, it was a "nope". Then I posted a new one.

English your second language, right?

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Nope. Some states had surpluses that could have been shared.

11. dmoneybangbang

Then why did Trump overpay for them? Incompetence or crooked?

Nippystix and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That is what a national plan is, how to coordinate a response. This is how national emergencies are handled, why we have Fema, and the same approach was taken with H1N1 where there was an entire team to coordinate a national strategy.

This is a role of the federal gov't. The sheer craziness of saying the states should adopt a plan for themselves make no sense given supplies are with individual companies. So there should be 50 logistical plans with each company that supplies equipment? That's idiocy.

It's like saying if America was invaded each state should coordinate its own defense. Well we were invaded - by a virus.

IBTL and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

From one of the bullett points:-
    "All 50 states, the District of Columbia, five territories and four tribes are working directly with FEMA under the nationwide emergency declaration for COVID-19.
    FEMA activated the National Response Coordination Center (NRCC) in the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak in the United States. The NRCC is a multi-agency center that coordinates the overall federal support for major incidents and emergencies. NRCC also provides a clearinghouse of resources and policies for local and state governments in impacted regions. The NRCC came online on March 19, 2020."

"Approximately 2,500 FEMA employees have been deployed nationwide to support the state and local response of COVID-19."
    Many other agencies are also acting with the individual states.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Wonderful, so where the national plan you claimed existed and was online?

15. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

In the rest of the article.
    Read it yourself instead of perusing bullett points.
    Then tell me what else was needed.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I have already told you what was missing - this is not a plan. This is a description of what FEMA does lol.

You are contradicting yourself and going in circles. Look, I get you are a die-hard Trumpster - but at least make an effort to address what I am saying.

IBTL, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Irrelevant.
    What has that got to do with the virus?

18. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Show where I contradicted myself.
    You do understand a national plan would require working with the various appropriate agencies? Each agency has it's own specific areas of expertise.
    You're still reaching.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Where is the national plan - you said the plan was online - you linked to bullet points but there is no plan there. Then you said it's up to the states. So you changed your story. Then you went back and said FEMA is the national plan.

Doesn't sound like you know what the word plan means.

IBTL, FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo. So now you can't answer my question.... how convenient and unsurprising. Thanks for being yourself. :rolleyes: