1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Joe Biden Veepstakes thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 6, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like it or not in most elections there are only two candidates that have a chance to win. As someone who worked on third party candidacies I know that very well. That is primarily due to unique nature of the US election system and the winner take all state electoral system.

This election is even more of a referendum on the incumbent than previous candidates elections.

Further this idea that Harris might be President. It’s certainly within the realm of possibility but very unlikely. For as much as people make fun of Biden he’s not losing it. Frankly he’s more cognitively there than the guy who said the Spanish Flu ended WWII yesterday. If it’s a race to see who might lose it between Trump and Biden, I don’t think either will, I would put money on Trump. As far as if Harris is President in 2024 a lot can happen between now and then. I would be concerned more with what happens this year before worrying four years from now.

#701 rocketsjudoka, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Deckard, RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  2. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

You’re sadly mistaken my friend. Referendum on a candidate is not enough, you must put out a winning team in order for you to have a chance, just ask Mitten in 2012. If you think Harris is a good choice then you obviously have not been following politics too closely.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Harris will run after Biden, if Biden wins.
    I'm voting for who I want to be president. I know that sounds un-American. . . .

4. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

So in other word it wouldn’t matter who Biden chose as VP he wouldn’t have your vote. Fair enough but then I would say be intellectually honest that Biden never had a chance for your vote and your judgment is already closed by that.

I will admit to that Trump doesn’t have my vote and if he replaces Pence wth anyone else wouldn’t change where I stand. As. Said though this election is really about where people stand on Trump.

Deckard, RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  5. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

The reek of victory these liberals are stinching in this thread is comical. Harris isn’t going to do **** to help Biden. Biden needs to get out of his bunker and win the election if he wants too. If he’s going to hide behind Harris, which is clearly the dems agenda, he’s going to be a puppet (he already is because it seems as if he didn’t want Harris).

This is exactly what the dems did with the elections last year. It’s amazing how short some people’s memory is. They had all the chance in the world to put in a progressive candidate, but they went with the fraud and criminal Hillary because they thought women would pick a woman just because.

Same ****, different people. Having said that, the Republican Party needs to get their **** together too. This will be a close election - even though some of these wieners on here think it’s a Biden landslide. Our country is lost with putting two old ass, racist, groping white farts in a position to run this country. No other country wants anything to do with it. Period.

ryan_98, generalthade_03 and sirbaihu like this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Again it’s your vote and Your right to vote as you see fit. That said votes have consequences and there is very much such a thing as a spoiler vote.

Either way I wouldn’t worry about the next Presidential election.

Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Thanks.

Yeah, all these Biden and Trump voters are spoiling it for more competent candidates.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Are u really comparing Obama as an incumbent in 2012 and the situation America was in back then to Trump as an incumbent and the situation America currently is in now? Lol, seriously?

Could things be going any worse for Trump?

we’ll see who’s right come November when you’re making good on your bets

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. generalthade_03

Biden is bad enough already by himself, with the addition of Harris, that ticket is doomed. I’ve been saying this, don’t you find it weird with all of the candidates, the Dems have to hitch their wagon to Biden/Harris? It’s like they want 4 more years of Trump so they can harass the man some more. Referendum on Trump is one thing, you still have to come up with a winning combo to defeat the incumbent.

10. generalthade_03

You keep worrying about me making good on my bets yet you still have not contributed a single dime to this forum. Lol, you will in November.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

if you’re bringing up Romney losing to Obama in 2012 and God’s plan as proof of Trump’s inevitable victory, then nah, I don’t think so

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. generalthade_03

I know to you Obama is the second coming but more than half of the nation did not agree with you. Let me clue you in, Trump happened because of Obama, think hard and long from here till November.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Was Obama’s approval rating as low as Trump’s at the end of his 1st term? Did he have record unemployment occurring? Did he have 160k Americans and counting die under his watch? Smh, u can’t be serious...

Clinton being extremely unpopular and Trump not having 4 atrocious years as President under his belt is what won him the election. Biden/Harris don’t compare to Clinton.

Trump happened, and now that disaster of a mistake is getting corrected.

RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Read my post again. The post had nothing to do with LBJ and everything to do with the murder of Bobby Kennedy, which happened the night he won the California primary. I was an adult then and very aware of everything that was going on that year and during the campaign, not reading about it in history books. I was also up very late and saw his victory speech on TV, finding out about his murder shortly after it happened. His murder dramatically changed the history of this country. Why am I repeating myself?

RayRay10, Nook and ryan_98 like this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

had LBJ decided to run, would RFK have thrown his hat in the ring?

RFK was in his 40s and would have waited had LBJ sought re-election,

16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I agree with you that Americans need to embrace more progressive presidential candidates and that goes for all parties. That said, an independent, third-party candidate has no way of winning an election in America’s current political system. It’s either going to be Biden and Harris or Trump and Pence. Unless you like all the corruption, disregard of the Constitution and the rule of law, and poor leadership that has marked Trump’s presidency for four years, but especially during the last five months, then it’s time to take one for the sake of America’s future and vote for Biden and Harris.

When 2024 comes around, feel free to vote for whomever you want, but this election is about putting a competent leadership team in the White House for the next four years, and that answer is obvious: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. It isn’t an endorsement of Biden and Harris as much as it’s an indictment of Trump. Trump cannot get four more years as President of the United States of America. The nation can’t afford it.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. I know you are not serious? That is not wealth. He probably made between $2-$3 million as a Senator in Salary. $2 Million as Vice President over 8 years. Include his wife's salary in her Profession and investments...His net worth is ordinary for someone with his background.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Well.... I will say this.... if the Democrats win in 2020, with Harris on the ticket it will be nice to have someone with elite intelligence in the Whitehouse again, even if it is as Vice President.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I hear you, but I really resent being taken for granted by the Democratic Party. I really feel like they're shoving something down my throat. But that's every damn thing in America now.

If Trump wins, all Democrats should quit and dissolve the party.

DVauthrin likes this.
  20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. She does ONE thing. She assures Black turnout. Clinton lost because Black turnout in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio was down dramatically. Biden wins 2 of those, Trump has NO CHANCE to win. Hell, win one...Trump probably can't win.

jiggyfly likes this.