1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. conquistador#11

Finished Watchmen. after not being impressed with the first couple of episodes, I feel like I need season 2 right now! Things got real, quick.
    I[​IMG]

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1st 3 episonde of the 2nd season of Doom Patrol are up.

It's up on HBO Max, I believe, (though there might be a slight delay) so maybe more people will see it. Was only on DC Universe before. 1st season was very good, very silly in a comic book way.

Highly recomend watching the first season if you want something with a bit of drama/action but very much not serious about itself.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

NOS4A2 started back last week.

Anybody watching?

Pretty good show interested to see where it goes.

4. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Space Force was just meh, but Carrell and Malkovich are fun enough that I watched them all. I think it could get better if they do another season.

CometsWin likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Top Boy Summerhouse 8/10.

Soundtrack is fire and the acting is top notch, most of the main characters where once rappers or noobies.

Ashley Walters should be more of a thing, great actor does so much with a look and his face.

I would go back and watch all 3 series but you can just watch series 3 and not miss much.

Kano should also be in more stuff.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Just found out about "Life in Pieces". It was a show that apparently ran for 4 years on CBS from 2015-2019 and is now cancelled. Thats a shame, cause its pretty hilarious. Can be seen on Amazon.

Colt45 likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Been binge watching Survivor, even though I've seen them all. Started with season 1 and am up to Season 27. It's weird, but a lot of the people I despised before I now really enjoy. Tyson is my favorite witty smartass now up to this season.

My sad way of traveling the world during the pandemic. Ugh. I miss traveling.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Tried to give this a go last week but couldn’t get into it really. Then again it was just the first episode.

First two episodes of Perry Mason have been really good so far.

Deckard likes this.
  9. conquistador#11

I started my 6th viewing of the X-files.....
    1.Originally through the 90s,
    2. The Columbia house Dvds in 2002
    3.Reruns on Fx in the early 2004
    4.When I signed up to Netflix in 2015
    5. When it moved from Netflix to Hulu in 2017.
    6. Now on Hulu again.

Things I missed the first 5 times, Mulder's sex addiction in real life is referenced often as a running gag from the get go.
    Seinfeld and FNL are the only shows I've watched just as much.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Five times! Wow. I don’t think I’ve watched any show five times. Unless you count pron clips.

On that note, what the F is a sex addiction anyway? Isn’t every dude a ‘sex addict’ when they’re young?

11. Buck Turgidson

Ask Duchovney and Tea Leoni

Blake and conquistador#11 like this.
  12. conquistador#11

Made it slight correction.

Youtube never disappoints

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

14:34 worth watching, in my humble opinion. The mood fits the mood.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I recently watched "Normal People" on Hulu. I would call the show interesting but that is one strange relationship between the lead characters. I don't quite get what is going on there. It's watchable but it feels like the whole point of this show is to put the viewer through the most annoying relationship possible.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Stunning Second Life of 'Avatar: The Last Airbender'

A fifteen-year-old cartoon is an unlikely contender for most-watched show in America. And yet when "Avatar: The Last Airbender" arrived on Netflix, in May, it rose through the ranks to become the platform's No. 1 offering, and even now it remains a fixture in the Top Ten for the U.S. From a report:

The series first ran from 2005 to 2008 on Nickelodeon, and swiftly made a name for itself as a politically resonant, emotionally sophisticated work -- one with a sprawling but meticulously plotted mythos that destined the show for cult-classic status. Last summer, after "Game of Thrones" flubbed its finale, fans and critics held up "Avatar" as a counterexample: a fantasy series that knew what it wanted to be from the beginning. Like all such stories, "Avatar" (created by Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino, and no relation to the James Cameron blockbuster) demands some exposition. In a world where nations are defined by their connection to one of the four elements -- water, earth, fire, and air -- maintaining the peace falls to the Avatar, the only person who can achieve mastery of them all. Just as the Fire Nation launches an attack, he vanishes.

The series begins a century later, when a twelve-year-old boy named Aang is discovered and revived by a pair of Water Tribe teen-agers -- and the Fire Nation is well on its way to global conquest. The first two episodes are largely what you'd expect: world-building punctuated by moments of whimsy. In the third, Aang returns to the temple where he was born to find the aftermath of a genocide. He is, he discovers, both the Avatar and the last of the Air Nomads. Where earlier shows might have hinted at such an atrocity for adult viewers' benefit, "Avatar" is overt, taking seriously its young audience's capacity to confront the consequences of endless war. Moral ambiguity abounds, and people from all nations see the conflict as, variously, an opportunity or a tragedy; there are Earth Kingdom citizens who have become cynical or apathetic after generations of fighting, and those from the Fire Nation who are fully capable of doing good. Aang, like the monks who raised him, is a pacifist at heart, but the series makes it clear that his is not the only way of bringing balance to the world. On the eve of his confrontation with the Fire Lord, one of his past lives -- a warrior named Kyoshi, who has killed would-be conquerors before -- counsels that "only justice will bring peace."

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

Sunday, September 27

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I saw that today....

Finished Perry Mason last night
    The finale was a bit disappointing, but overall I enjoyed it

Going to start Doom Patrol and looking forward to Lovecraft County next week.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Umbrella Academy season 2.

19. Buck Turgidson

Agreed on Perry Mason, and very much looking forward to Lovecraft Country.

The Alienist was good, better than season 1, despite Dakota Fanning doing her best to screw it up, because she is a terrible actress.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Just finished “David Makes Man”