1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump designates Anti-Facists as terrorist group

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, May 31, 2020.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The class and IQ of Trump in one post. BRAVO!

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

@Commodore yes Antifa is violent. Do you agree to the terrorist designation?

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Again: are these guys wearing an "Antifa" uniform or what?
    Aside from the fact that a guy on Twitter said so, why do you think this is Antifa?

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really don't understand Antifa questioning/apologists/defenders . . . this isn't aimed at you necessarily, but why do people care if others claim "Antifa" is involved if there is no such thing as Antifa? why not simply allow misguided Antifa accusers to wallow around in their own ignorance and just ignore them? why the passionate responses from some posters here to any mention of possible Antifa involvement in any of these protests? I just don't get it.

RayRay10 and sirbaihu like this.
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So if someone comes to a KKK rally wearing a white hood... this is your take... derp they could be anybody!

This antifa isn't real ****, or it wasn't me act, is getting old. I can't wait to see them face federal prison. The semantic trickery is a joke and pathetic. Very similar to the CHAZ simply changing its name to avoid harder charges and reactions. Antifa plays a game where they walk a line and try to get a reaction and then point to the reaction to build sympathy. But they deserve none and they are terrorists. By definition.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

A broken window in Seattle at the Amazon store..... wow.... that's the breaking news in Trumpistan.

You know how many people a day probably get their car window's broken into? There are burglaries roughly every 13 seconds in the US.

ANTIFA!!!!!!

There are a lot of motivations to harbor negative animus towards Bezos and Amazon. If CNN had gift shops all across the US, how many of those stores you think right wingers would deface? Only thing I take from that video is people hate Amazon. What Trumpers see is an existential terrorist threat that requires cancelling Democracy, and giving their cult leader Dictatorial power to turn the US into a Police State.

You guys are off your rockers.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Because Antifa is being used to delegitimize the protests. It's about gaining control over the narrative. Rockets fans should be familiar with this concept.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It can only delegitimize the protests if people care about Antifa.
    Consequently, the protests can be delegitimized by some imposters.
    I don't care about Antifa, and the protests have not been delegitimized for me. See?

10. durvasa

I'm not following the point you are making. People do care, and it negatively impacts the protest movement. Are you saying that the best way to stop people from paying attention to Antifa is to be silent when right wing media outlets keep focusing on them?

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Sure. I don't care what right-wing media outlets tell me.

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

They are, so are any other groups participating in these "protest".

ter·ror·ist
    /ˈterərəst/

noun
    1. a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So, do you also agree that the bombing of the federal government building (OKC bombing) and other violence against civilians by right extremist are terrorist acts, and thus right wing extremist should also be designated as a terrorist group?

Jimmy Chase and RayRay10 like this.
  14. davidio840

Absolutely, and the OKC bombing is designated as a terrorist act. Anyone/Group committing violence to push a political agenda is a terrorist.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So why is Trump not designating right wing extremist as terrorist group? Do you disagree with him on that then?

RayRay10 and Jimmy Chase like this.
  16. durvasa

Destruction of property in act of civil disobedience is now considered terrorism?

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. durvasa

Why does it matter what you think, when there are so many who don't think like you? The goal isn't to change your mind.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It doesn't matter what I think. I'm all calm and stuff.
    A bunch of other people are all hot and bothered about this sock-puppet group called "Antifa" :p

Who. Gives. A flying. F. About Antifa.
    This is a symptom of the leisure class, having time to go insane over Antifa.

19. davidio840

I have no clue, I am not Trump.

Destruction of property is dangerous to human life and in violation of laws of a state and/or US.

https://www.aclu.org/other/how-usa-patriot-act-redefines-domestic-terrorism

20. durvasa

RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.