1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sturgis COVID rally

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Humans are social animals, we are hardwired to live in symbiotic tribes. We seek group acceptance and if we don't find it in our natural tribe we will seek it in another and adopt their culture.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

They are showing their fealty to Dear Leader by not wearing masks.

vlaurelio and RayRay10 like this.
  3. likestohypeguy

[​IMG]

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now this is a great way for a Governor to get brownie points from Trump!!! Bet she gets moved up his ranks of toy soldiers for that, and allowing the mass gatherings at Sturgis.

The White House reportedly asked South Dakota's governor how to add another president to Mount Rushmore, and she later gave Trump a 4-foot replica with his face on it
    Benji Jones
    Aug 8, 2020, 2:20 PM
    https://www.businessinsider.com/how-gov-noem-trumps-desire-carved-into-mt-rushmore-2020-8

Just the thought of Trump's face added to Mt. Rushmore is enough to make my stomach turn.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I personally don't care if they want to live a fantasy life as a bad ass biker. What matters is that when those guys come back to their communities and put back on their button down shirts and khakis they will potentially spread the virus to others. A virus they very well might pick up being in a very crowded place and not taking any precautions.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

But but but

this is Spring Break for Boomers!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

The weekend warrior motorcycle lawyers have taken over much of Sturgis from the hardcore bikers.

Doesn't make the crowd smarter, or less scummy, just different.

I love that South Park changed the word...pretty brilliant episode

davidio840, Nook, Andre0087 and 3 others like this.
  8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is like a bigotexx specialty. Take two sets of data that aren't comparable due to the drastic differences in one state that contribute to the virus spread that don't exist in the other state and then claim the differences in deaths are due to the decisions made by the governors. It's a personification of the stupid Twitter posts you see from people championing the success of red states vs blue states that could not be any more different.

This is the kind of fake news that would get you an F on a paper at Rice.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yep. Many of the things we all love that our releases as well are now indefinitely canceled. It speaks to the height of privilege that they think they are special. I can’t go to music festivals. Others can’t go to college football games or travel, or go to broadway shows etc etc. But for some reason this cult of insecure white men get a pass.

I understand their need for an alter ego escape, but in no way do I think this group of hobbyists deserve the pass of privilege they get that nobody else does.

DVauthrin, Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Aw, the biker people got lonely and needed hugzzzz in an anti-faggy, ass-kickingest way?
    There are professional huggers for those lonely bikers out there, when your binky fell in the grease pit and your beer belly is not as firm as it once was, like your dick.

"Hard wired" is no excuse for anything. How about rape and murder? The animal kingdom seems pretty hard wired for it.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another thing about being a biker.. I've heard it is about the freedom of the road and feeling the wind. Rallies like Sturgis are seeing and being seen. It's just "All eyes on us" for the Harley set. I mean there's a lot of SD where you can go out and ride and ride without having to be crammed into a small town with a bunch of other people.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Zen_motorcycle.jpg

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I've noticed another thing about bikers, at 3 AM: they like to be loud as F so 1000 people can hear that they are riding down the street at 3 AM. It's part of the lifestyle: the "F U" Way.

arkoe likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

just curious if anyone knows any bikers? I have a good friend who goes to Sturgis every year (except this year, he's doing chemo for multiple myeloma as we speak). He doesn't fit ANY of the stereotypes I'm reading in this thread. And yes, while he is an n=1, I'm sure that the spectrum ranges all the way from him on up to the biker assholes being described here.

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I've known several fairly well. The only biker I knew who went to Sturgis fit some of the stereotypes, but not all. He wasn't well-off, khaki-wearing. He was a decent soul, blue-collar worker, with a past and an edge. I rented next to him in my student days, and we were on good terms. I even looked after his place and his mail while he went to Sturgis.

If you saw him, first impression was grimy biker with a loud bike wanting attention, but his personality wasn't so much like that. He was a very quiet, polite neighbor who occasionally drank too much, as did I TBH.

foh, Os Trigonum and RayRay10 like this.
  17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

My mom dated a biker. (She was divorced at the time.)
    He gave her her first gun <3
    For Christmas.
    She got rid of it/him eventually.

#77 sirbaihu, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The two I know the best fit the stereotype described in these posts.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

We wouldn't expect you to know anyone but intellectual 100 proof liberals.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

that wasn't very nice