1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Most Republican 50 -64 year olds would REFUSE COVID19 vaccine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Fauci didn't lie about ****. He's a medical professional tasked with making the the best informed decisions he can and adjusting as information requires. The trope "he lied" is just a political posture from the Trump "denial is the best medicine" supporters defending them and their stupid President from taking responsibility for bad medical choices to maintain political power.

The minute Fauci says go, I'll be first in line.

Even though these people are my peers, I would like to say "die you ****ers", but the facts are they endanger medical professional's and clog up the health care system. But since Governor Perry set the precedent with the HPV vaccine I wouldn't mind if you had to show a vaccine certification to get into public venues, like showing a driver's license to get in a bar.

#21 Dubious, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    malakas, Nook, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"Safe enough" is not safe enough for me.

Schools are considered "safe enough" to re-open. That means "not 100% safe."
    Our good old CDC knows there is risk of death for students, teachers, and families. The government is going by an "acceptable death" standard, which is OK as long as we're letting some other losers die, right?

Here's what the trusty CDC says about opening schools:

In other words, face-to-face classes are officially defined as "more risk" of contracting COVID, but that's OK for our government!

Coz economy, they say!!!!!

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of people don't understand how the process works. This isn't like the latest version of Windows with them prepared to release patches later on. Even once a vaccine is developed that passes the trials it still won't be released to the wide spread public. It will likely go to first responders and health care professional first and then for the most vulnerable. By the time it gets to the wide spread public release it will be months and a lot will be known about it.

malakas and RayRay10 like this.
  4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Did you guys hear the funny BS reason somewhere: "Kids need to get back to school coz there is too much domestic violence"?
    "Americans beat their kids too much."
    Sounds like that society sucks. But it doesn't mean we should accept higher COVID spread.

If anyone out there honestly can't figure out why we have the most COVID: it's because we keep choosing "more risk" again and again.

(Oh, I'm sorry: it's because American kids depend on schools for food. . . . Because Americans are really that poor! Trump, MAGA up, Buddy.)

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good riddance!

DD

SamFisher likes this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

As I've said before , one of my good friends is a doctor who worked on the ebola vaccine which took over 5 years to produce a working , safe vaccine and it has a long list of unwanted side effects. Keep in mind that the Ebola vaccine is the only one medicine has produced in the last 50 years.
    Most early vaccines would introduce a live form of the virus into the system rather than pieces of dead virus used in more modern medicine.

I get a daily briefing on the goings on of Covid - pretty much everything from case numbers / deaths to medical studies from Johns Hopkins & Oxford along with CDC reports and a host of other information , its been interesting to say the least.

There's a process by which vaccines and other medicines are brought to the masses and in this case steps are being skipped in order to fast track a magic bullet for Covid-19.

I'd be very reluctant to have have this vaccine early after its release - a year down the road ? I'd be much more open to it , after its been proven a safe and effective vaccine and this pretty much echo's my doctor friends position.

sirbaihu, malakas, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

we will know the vaccine is very safe and effective if all these greasy, slimy, selfish politicians get it

Jimmy Chase and RayRay10 like this.
  8. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

My doc thinks the vaccine will be similar to the flu vaccines in that they'll be chasing the latest strand each year. Wonder if they can pack both the flu and the Vid in one shot?

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That very much seems like the case. It's not clear how much immunity is granted from being infected and if it is the case that immunity is only temporary we will need boosters and / or modified vaccines yearly.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That's cold. I enjoy posts of 55 year old repubs like @tinman. Sometimes he even mentions Young MC

Also i enjoy @OsTriforce posts about sciatica. Very informative.

RayRay10 and Jimmy Chase like this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Doubtful that the two will be combined.

The flu virus reacts off of white blood cells while the only things that have shown promise in regard to Covid is a T-cell response.

T-cells generally give a much longer period of immunity as well , that's why things like chickenpox have such long periods of natural immunity after you've had it because its the T-cells that "remember" the virus for decades and activate to combat it.

As for mutations , we'll have to wait and see ...

B@ffled and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You ask doctors if they would get this fast tracked vaccine and the overwhelming answer is absolutely not.

Amiga, RayRay10 and durvasa like this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

Phase 3 trials last years.
    Now they will last for less than 6 months the way it is being fast tracked.

B@ffled, RayRay10 and durvasa like this.
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Jimmy Chase and RayRay10 like this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

WTH is Putin up to! N/m, it’s Putin.

RayRay10 likes this.