1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is the one true king.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jul 29, 2020.

?

Do you Believe?

1. Yes

76.3%
  2. No

12.6%
  3. I don't care all that much

11.1%
  1. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Westbrook is missing some of that crowd energy that he feeds off. I really really hope he doesn't make the All NBA 3rd team. If that happens, he goes Shaquille O'Neal on all these mofos.

I want MAXIMUM disrespect from the media and opponents. James is always better when he's counted out too.

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

And win 5.

Not just 4 of 9.

How Clutch is Lebron without at least TWO all stars by his side?

Lakers are already starting to fall apart just before the postseason.

4. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Don't ever forget Lebron James was sitting home watching the playoffs last season. The excuse was that he missed 2-3 weeks worth of games. In order to compete in the West he had to get into the best shape of his career, add range to his shot and force the signing of an All-NBA calibre player.

When was the last time Harden missed the playoffs? Have you forgotten what kind of G-League quality teammates Harden has taken to the playoffs?

With any kind of talent next to him (i.e. Howard or a limping Paul), Harden wins 2 rounds. Put an All-NBA calibre player next to him and he could take down the most talented in NBA history.

In the last 2 years, Harden has been flat out better than Lebron James in every way. If Westbrook can keep his game elevated, it's going to be a hell of a first series against Lebron.

#144 Mathloom, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  5. Mathloom

Supporting Member

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...oised-for-fourth-straight-all-nba-first-team/

Say he hasn't put in the work. Go on. Say it.

fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

IIRC the title 'King' was given when LBJ entered the league and it stuck.

It's not something you pass around easily as it has become like a trademark.

You could call anyone who surpassed Lebron 'king' though but it wouldn't be widely recognized.

And you can't shake off the 'Beard' moniker easily either.

A brand.

The Sacramento Kings are also no NBA royalty yet they still use the name.

#146 daywalker02, Aug 8, 2020
  7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I bolded the main difference between the two. I won’t get into the ability to even get your team to a Finals.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

The Eastern Conference Finals?

LOL

napalm06 likes this.
  9. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Harden in the past 4 seasons has been better than Lebron ever has been. Lebron never impacted the game like Harden has and sustained it....

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

How often does this happen to Lebron?

11. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

It's ok because when he wins this title Harden becomes King of Kings or His Royal Flyness or the Bearded King.

#152 Mathloom, Aug 8, 2020
    daywalker02 and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

If Lebron is King, then Harden should be the King of Kings.

LOL

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Reminds me that his Airness was a very modest title for someone with 6 titles and 2 consecutive triples.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Casual 34ppg adjustment to Westbrook season to finish an MVP finalist yet again. Was defensively excellent in last season's playoffs and has been of late too.

I think he might have his greatest playoffs ever. This dude is so battle tested after facing those damn Warriors who no one had the balls to even take a swing at. He really got beat up in those series, the Warriors were a great defensive team and it was a nightmare if there was no one to help Harden on any given night. Iguodala or Klay hounding him, Draymond (a DPOY) cheating to help on him and anyone has a license to take a swipe at the ball when he drives. Was really brutal, the FG% in those series vs the relative success is proof of how hard Harden (and at times Paul) fought to keep us competitive. Talent gap was huge.

Only the Clippers and Bucks can produce that type of defense right now imo. Clippers worry me most. I think we are well equipped to guard Giannis and Lebron (as in to limit them). Clippers can create elite offense and defense as well as Kawhi/George being capable of creating tough points.

D-rock likes this.
  18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I would love to see those double team traps thrown at vagianis sporadically by other teams just to see how he would react. He is tall though and could easily pass over the top, but I would still love to see it.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Barkley said on Inside the NBA "yeah I think Harden can get 80 if he just decided to get 80" lol just casually like that.

Draymond said people are used to Harden so he gets overlooked even though he's still putting up huge numbers.

Kenny is starting to get on my nerves. He has such weak championship DNA, never adequately stands up for the Rockets when there's objective reason to do so.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

You win titles, which he’s done three times, by beating someone from both conferences. If Harden led teams to more titles than anyone but like 6 dudes ever then he’d get the kinda slack LeBron gets.