1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The case against Ghislaine Maxwell

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 6, 2020.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That's exactly the most obvious thing I immediately picked up on. He's obviously implicated now. Any Trumper who thinks they want Maxwell to spill the beans might want to second guess that thought.

Trump is not as slick as people think he is. He's pretty obvious when he does this coded mob messaging through the media. He did it with Manafort, Cohen, and Stone. He's obviously doing it again.

And can we get real here.... if there was a hit on Epstein, would anyone be shocked when Trump and Barr were the ones who made that happen? I think people still give Trump and Barr the benefit of the doubt waaayyyy too much. Bill Barr had complete control over Epstein's prison situation, and now its clear nobody has more to lose from the Epstein situation than Trump because Trump finally showed his hand.

RayRay10 and FrontRunner like this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Re the theory that Epstein was murdered in prison: why then is Maxwell still alive? If you're going to execute a complicated plot to murder someone in solitary and make it look like a suicide and conduct a cover-up, why wouldn't you also murder a woman out in the world who does not have much protection and doesn't have a camera trained on her the whole time? If it was Trump that ordered Epstein's murder and now he is signalling through the media that Maxwell should keep her mouth shut, then I really don't get why he would have allowed her to live this long. I think the theory needs some work.

RayRay10 and dobro1229 like this.
  4. dobro1229

(FYI... I admit this normally would sound tin foil hat crazy)

What I can recall before she was arrested she had recently been traveling or about to travel with some rich guy. So it's possible she was in the loop and had high level protection. Also I believe Dershowitz represents her too, and he's pretty tight with Trump so there has probably been some coordination to protect her, and that coordination has been cut off due to her arrest. So Trump wink wink through the media was a "You still good right?... We don't have to worry about you do we??" tell tell.

There's really very little evidence to debunk the Circle of Trump NOT being very much like an organized mob infrastructure. The big question that mob bosses have in these decisions is the judgement call on when one of their own gets arrested as to whether or not they will be a rat or not. That decision is almost always based on money.

We all remember at the end of Goodfellas when Henry Hill was freaking out about the Pittsburgh drugs he had stashed that were his ticket to protection upon getting arrested. You have to think that a calculation is made on what her likelihood of getting a guilty verdict is, how long her sentence will be, and what she has to trade in exchange for an agreement of silence is.

All the evidence you need here is straight from Roger Stone's mouth. He openly admits an exchange for his life with the Don.... Donald Trump that is. Jeffrey Epstein had nothing to trade for his life, and his sentence was too iron clad to where he was going away long enough to where it was too big a risk of him flipping. Sounds like Maxwell has at least had some initial protection Jeffrey did not.

Sounds crazy that this is not a movie and is real life but look... its right in front of our eyes, and we can hear it with our own ears..... Trump is more mob boss than President.

#64 dobro1229, Jul 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Blatz and RayRay10 like this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

While I agree with your ultimate theory here, completely, I refuse to jump to conclusions and just believe what Scaramucci has to see, this guy used to promote the ridiculous Pizza Gate Theory as well. Can't believe anything he says.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. dobro1229

I take anything anyone from the Trump cult (past or present) has to say with a grain of salt. You would not have been working for Trump at any point unless you were a self servicing grifter and a liar.

When I heard Trump say that from the presidential podium I thought this immediately. I didn't need Scaramuci to tell me what I can see and hear with my own two eyes and ears.

Dubious, Two Sandwiches and RayRay10 like this.
  7. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'm not sure what to think of this news, but it's worth a read...

EXCLUSIVE: Ghislaine Maxwell paid $25K to fake news purveyor Jacob Wohl to 'smear Epstein victims and to get prosecutor Geoffrey Berman fired in attempt to stall sex trafficking investigation against her'
    • Ghislaine Maxwell hired Jacob Wohl to smear alleged victims of Jeffrey Epstein and her, a former friend told DailyMail.com in an exclusive interview
    • As part of a $25k deal, Wohl and his lobbyist colleague Jack Burkman also allegedly pushed to get former New York US Attorney Geoffrey Berman fired
    • Wohl and Burkman are far-right lobbyists who have become a laughing stock in DC after several failed attempts to smear top political figures
    • Maryland paralegal Kristin Spealman claims she was initially contacted by the duo to use her in a smear campaign against Nancy Pelosi and Ted Cruz
    • Spealman told DailyMail.com they bragged to her they had been hired in early June for $25,000 to dig up dirt on Maxwell's alleged sex trafficking victims
    • Federal documents filed this month show a company linked to Maxwell had hired Wohl and Burkman to lobby on ‘issues relating to US DOJ, Senate Judiciary, House Judiciary,’ DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal
    • Berman's removal was intended to stall or stop the criminal investigation into Maxwell, Spealman said
    • Berman was ultimately pushed out by Barr in June, but two weeks later Maxwell was charged as part of Epstein's sex trafficking ring
    By JOSH BOSWELL FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 09:15 EDT, 21 July 2020 | UPDATED: 02:55 EDT, 22 July 2020

Ghislaine Maxwell hired fake news purveyor Jacob Wohl to smear her and Jeffrey Epstein's alleged victims, a former friend has told DailyMail.com in an exclusive interview.

As part of a $25,000 deal made in June, Wohl and his lobbyist colleague Jack Burkman also allegedly pushed to get New York US Attorney Geoffrey Berman, who had led Epstein's case, fired in order to stall or stop the criminal investigation into Maxwell.

Wohl and Burkman are far-right lobbyists who have become a laughing stock in DC after several failed attempts to smear top political figures including Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, Ted Cruz, Robert Mueller and Dr. Anthony Fauci by paying women to make false claims of sordid affairs and drug-dealing.

One of the women they tried to use for their smear plots, Maryland model and paralegal Kristin Spealman, told DailyMail.com the men had been hired by Maxwell, who currently faces trial over charges she and Epstein trafficked underage girls for sex.

Spealman, 36, said the lobbyists bragged to her they had been hired in early June for $25,000 to dig up dirt on Maxwell's alleged sex trafficking victims and to get Berman fired using Burkman’s supposed influence with Attorney General William Barr.

Berman ultimately stepped down after a push from Barr. But less than two weeks later, Maxwell was charged on July 2 as being part of Epstein's sex trafficking ring and taken into custody...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...id-25K-Jacob-Wohl-smear-victims-AG-fired.html

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

$25k is surprisingly modest. You can hire a run-of-the-mill lobbying and PR firm for state-level politics for maybe $8-15k per month. Federal might be twice that. And that's just for honest lobbying and media relations work, not even anything underhanded. Hard to think a lobbyist would stick his neck out for $25k.

FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  9. dobro1229

What in the actual F..... Jacob Wohl... ahahaha. Is that the best the right has to offer nowadays? At least the left can call on Michael Avennatti if they need to.

FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  10. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

^ I'm not sure if this woman is a buffoon or deliberately trying to bring attention to herself. Or get someone's attention...

And why didn't her lobbying buds submit their paperwork before she was arrested?

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

[​IMG]

She bombs more photos than anyone I've ever seen.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

14. KingCheetah

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. KingCheetah

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If was Trump that ordered Epstein's murder and now he is signalling through the media that Maxwell should keep her mouth shut, then I really don't get why he would have allowed her to live this long. I think the theory needs some work.

Trump and his crew are bumbling idiots. I don't think they are capable of anything but lawsuits and intimidation letters from lawyers. Maybe some private eye ****. If Epstein was murdered it was an intelligence agency with high level co-conspirators... Who told Acosta to "lay off, it was above his pay grade". One that is fine committing crimes on American soil, one that covers their ass with prejudice.

who could that be? Who? Hmm...Satan?

mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  19. KingCheetah

Forwarded to relevant part.

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Ghislaine Maxwell requests to be housed with other prisoners in New York jail

Ghislaine Maxwell has asked a judge to move her from an isolated cell where she is watched constantly by guards to be housed with other prisoners at the New York jail where she is awaiting trial on charges that she groomed minors for her former boyfriend Jeffrey Epstein.

She has also asked to be told the identities of the three women who have accused her of grooming them when they were teenagers between 1994 and 1997 – allegations that are the basis of the charges against her.

Ms Maxwell, 58, who has pleaded not guilty and was denied bail, is an inmate at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn where it is thought she is being held on an unoccupied floor under constant scrutiny.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...th-other-prisoners-in-new-york-jail-gvgnvrhpf

RayRay10 likes this.