1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Federalist] Joe Biden’s Capitulation To The Crazy Left Is Alienating Democrats Like Me

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Many pf those people were tired of Trump's rhetoric & childishness and moved away from him .... but don't you believe it possible that when they see the far lefts agenda , they go back to the known ?

I think there is a lot to be said for those people who have gone silent too .... they won't tell you they are voting for Trump.

This is going to be a crazy election and I don't think we can believe any of the polls anymore than those who had Hillary up "big" at many points last time around.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

[Federalist] Joe Biden’s Capitulation To The Crazy Left Is Alienating Democrats Like Me

We have a confirmed unicorn sighting.

ThatBoyNick and RayRay10 like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think politicians are getting worse
    And people are getting dumber

That’s why you see looneys on both sides
    And worse the younger generation is ADD
    And their heroes are rich reality stars

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Again the "crazy left" is apathetic to gun control. That's the moderate establishment crowd that focuses on these type of wedge issues along with how mean Trump is rather than economic reform.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've certainly argued that Trump can still win it and still think there is a likelihood of that happening that said Biden is doing much better in polls than Clinton did at this time or any time during the 2016 election. Also the 2016 national polls were actually accurate with Clinton winning by about 3%. The state polls weren't that good but also suffered that there is significantly less state polling than national. Also given the narrowness of Trump's win in the key battle ground states that certainly fell within the margin of error from polls.

Corrosion and RayRay10 like this.
  6. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

It's entirely possible; Biden doesn't have this in the bag at all and there's still time for things to shake out. I think the only thing that puts him higher than Hillary right now is that people like him more than they did Hillary. 538 showed that Biden's popularity is still above 50%, While Hillary's never got above 45.8%...and that was after the Democratic Convention

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/biden-is-polling-better-than-clinton-at-her-peak/

Biden definitely needs to keep a lid on the more progressive aspects of his policy at this point in time...unless he knows they can get votes. He's already said that he isn't for defunding the police, and while I noticed the right-wing media made a huge deal about his environmental plans...it was nowhere near as drastic as the Green New Deal as it mainly just reinstituted Obama-era regulations that Trump has dropped. He's even made sure to say that he won't seek prosecution of this administration and will leave it up to the DOJ. He's running as a moderate Dem, but I really don't think there's many out there that

Now, I agree with you on Harris, although it won't change my vote...I really don't want to see her picked as VP and I don't think a lot of folks want her in that spot. I think there are a lot of skeletons hiding there and she's a dangerous and polarizing pick. I like Susan Rice or Tammy Duckworth..if Harris wants to move up, make her Attorney General (although, Klobuchar may get that spot) or put her in a foreign policy role to give her some time to bone up on foreign policy, just not VP.

Corrosion likes this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You and SE Cupp should have lunch. You can talk about the various ways the two of you can talk yourself into not voting for Joe Biden. Cupp, who has spoken and written countless words critical of trump (unlike you, at least here), came out with an infuriating column essentially saying that Biden’s choice for VP will determine whether she votes for him or “writes someone in.” As if not voting for Biden doesn’t equate to “voting” for trump, which is exactly what it does. She proclaimed on CNN that Harris is the only name being talked about as VP that would be sufficiently moderate/conservative to allow her to vote for Joe Biden.

I guess Cupp hasn’t felt like she’s gotten the attention she thinks she deserves. Not lately. In my humble opinion.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Leaving aside the salt shaker of salt a "Democrat" writing for the Federalist should be taken with I find it interesting that the same week that the Trump campaign announces it is rebooting the campaign by dropping the "Law and Order" strategy of going after Biden to instead focus on tying Biden to the hard Left we see the this from the Federalist posted on Clutchfans D&D..

To the substance of it. While yes Biden has made peace with the Leftwing of the party and is cooperating with Sanders et al he still hasn't agreed to some key points. of the wing of the party. He's not agree to Medicare for all and is still pushing building off of the ACA to address healthcare. He's specifically said he's not for defunding / disbanding the police. That was one of the reasons why the Trump campaign has had to shift strategy as "The Biden's America" ads didn't seem to work and instead just reminded people this was Trump's America.

That Trump is running as Reagan, every Republican tries to run as Reagan but Trump ain't Reagan. Reagan talked about a "shining city on the hill" while Trump talks about American Carnage. Reagan spoke about how immigrants renew America while Trump still talks about building a wall while cutting legal immigration. Reagan believed in free trade while Trump has lost a trade war. In terms of talking "By promising to side with those who worked hard, obeyed the law, cared for their families, and loved their country, Reagan offered Americans a sense of a common purpose that liberals seemed no longer able to muster,” The problem is that Trump isn't siding with people who work hard considering that the wealth gap is greater than ever, even many of Trump supporters acknowledge he breaks the law, Trump has admitted to paying off p*rn star he had an affair with, and he frequently talks down America.

I agree with the author that suburban votes are key but we have had an election since 2016 and suburban voters turned sharply against Republicans and according to exit polls much of that was due to Trump. Trump and the GOP tried to nationalize the 2018 election by claiming that moderate Democrats such as Conor Lamb and Krysten Sinema were really just radical Leftist in sheep's clothing. If anything the nationalizing of midterms turned into that people such as Martha McSally and extremely moderate GOP Rep Carlos Curbelo got tarred with being too much for Trump.

This article reads like someone was writing it as though Biden was the incumbent and Trump the outsider. The problem with that is we've had four years of the Trump now and can see the record. We know that under Trump our debt has ballooned. We know that under Trump that all sorts of gobblygook bureaucratic maneuvers have been done to not only fund pet projects like the Wall but to enrich Trump's family. We know under Trump that people like farmers have suffered from Trump's trade war, It's Trump's America not Biden's where our streets look like war zones and LE feel they are under siege. Pretty much every criticism the author says will happen under Biden has already happened under Trump.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who is SE Cupp?

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Someone you should have lunch with!

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum