1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cancel Culture] Kindergarten Cop Is Canceled, Likened to Birth of a Nation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Remember this kid in the gif? This is him now. Feel old yet?

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Teachers risk their jobs if they say "Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina."
    I have another "they" in my class this semester. . . .

(So, unfortunately for students, I will stop referring to students individually, to prevent problems.
    I feel proud just remembering all the names of my five classes: now the pronouns too?)

3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

A couple of years ago, Republicans controlled every seat of power in the government, as well as the vast majority of state executive positions. The pendulum was swung to their side. It has begun its natural swing back. The only way that natural swing will be halted is by stuff like this being "normalized". This is the type of 1984 groupthink stuff that generates backlash that puts conservatives back in power.

If you want democrats running the country, don't support this type of mental illness.

ryan_98 likes this.
  4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So, ironically, "progressives" now totally objectify people's bodies.
    The American Cancer Society (!) got slammed for using "individuals with a cervix." But men can have a cervix supposedly, right?
    That's what I was reduced to, in talking to my students: "people with penises" and "people with vaginas." Ridiculous.
    (We were talking about sanitary napkins and their packaging to "women." What are you supposed to say?)

King1 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Can't one say "females" instead of "women", if what they're talking about relates specifically to biological sex and not gender identity? Or is "female" not allowed either, anymore?

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

On the real, this is so so terrible. Never before has an outdoor summer movie series changed their movie lineup as times changed.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"Assigned female" is the correct term. . . .

Another irony: "progressives" now totally embrace stereotypes.
    If you have old-school thinking, a woman is someone with a vagina.
    If you have new-school thinking, a woman is someone who likes lipstick and heels and handbags, like Jenner.

Caveman man thinking is that men have penises.
    "Progressive" thinking is that men like short haircuts and speak gruffly and wear heavy boots. . . .

#28 sirbaihu, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020