1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You're preaching to the choir. How any true Christian can support Trump based on his "Christianity" is beyond me. I guarantee if Trump was shown being pro choice would ensure his victory, he'd change course in a second.

Hakeemtheking, RayRay10 and Reeko like this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he is already pro murder, violence, hate, and bigotry and his supporters eat that all day that what they want to hear

bobrek and RayRay10 like this.
  3. bobrek

I'd rather our President be able to brag about his intellect without have to base it on a test one gets for dementia.

Also, this clearly isn't all that I have. Trump has done and said so many asinine things over his life.

Are you really proud that our President can supposedly pass a dementia test? And your challenge is to back that up without using the word Biden.

mikol13 and RayRay10 like this.
  4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As always, it says less about his supporters than it does him. He's a moronic charlatan who wonders when the bottom will fall out from underneath him every day. But the fact that 90-something percent of evangelicals support him is much, much more damning when he clearly uses their faith as a prop.

5. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I've posted on this before, but Trump has a gift for explaining things in a way that is memorable. It's a marketing skill. When speaking to the masses, it's better to have 1-2 things that are clearly remembered, rather than a long-winded explanation of many things. That's why Trump very carefully selects his words and then uses repetition and pacing. What sounds "dumb" to you, is actually genius marketing, done purposefully. I can recognize this because of my own personal brilliance; whereas you haven't picked up on it yet.

Second, Trump's words are under more scrutiny that any human being alive. He must be very careful in his choice of words. To speak as much as he does in public is remarkable. Especially with an angry hoard of media members ready to pounce on every word. His cognitive abilities are extraordinarily high to be able to run the media gauntlet on a daily basis and fare well. On the other hand, Biden hides from a group of media who are desperate to see him win and will prop him up at every turn. A stark contrast.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  6. bobrek

So...you chose not to answer my direct question. I guarantee if Obama were to brag about passing a dementia test, you’d be ridiculing him nonstop.

It is laughable (to use one of your words) to justify a President for passing a cognitive ability test. It is a sad state of America when a nation is proud to have a President who can memorize 5 words for 30 minutes and correctly identify animals. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that my 9 year old grandson could ace that test.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Is there something I am not reading into Biden's statement?

The Latino community is incredibly diverse. You have people from Mexico, a number of Central American countries, and a number of countries from South America. Then you have Cuba and Puerto Rico. And Spain. While many speak Spanish, the Spanish they speak is different. The foods and cultures very different.

And politically (which I believe Biden was referring to) they are pretty different. Lots of Latinos are very conservative and often vote with the republican party due to their very strong religious backgrounds. And people from Cuba often vote republican.

Nearly one-third Latinos vote republican while only 10% of African Americans vote republican.

So tell me, what's your beef with what Biden said?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RayRay10 and dobro1229 like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

Pelosi and Schumer call out the US Postal General for reduced services levels (and lies) during COVID-19 increased demand and in advance of any mail-in ballot increases in demand...

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I thought they same way you did when i first heard it but I am not black. If blacks are offended by it, who are you to question their response?

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump has spoken highly of Planned Parenthood before and he says "He doesn't know if he donated to Planned Parenthood" given his denials on other things that tells me he probably has.

RayRay10 and Blatz like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

You posted a self-described "pro-trump, anti squad" republican candidate who retweeted a pro-trump washington examiner. I'd hardly view that as "blacks are offended by it"...

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So out of the 40 million Black people, if one is offended then it's a offensive statement?

13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

T_Man

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am not going to waste my time posting a bunch of tweets like you know who. Do your own research. She was not the only one offended.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What is the ratio of Black people being offended where it's officially offensive?

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Hope he picks a veep 9 out of 10 blacks and 5 out of 7 Latinos like.

It's a badge of honor among the demented.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

Lol... He posted a tweet, them complained about tweets posted...

the11mingdynasty and RayRay10 like this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, I said i am not going to post multiple. I posted one. Click on it. She is not the only one offended. I am happy you arent offended though.

19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Not mentally fit to hold office. Not even close.

20. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

trump is not mentally, morally or intellectually fit to hold office. Not even close.

FranchiseBlade likes this.