1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Exhaustion...[Small Ball Rox]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Asian Sensation

At what cost though? He’s shooting 31% from 3pt range on high volume (9/29). Harden was never a sharpshooter to begin with but I believe the energy he’s expending on defense is 1) Impacting his percentages and 2) potentially impacting his decision making by settling for a 3 instead of driving.
    He’s always been the offense but now with added responsibility to “bring it” night in and night out on defense as well is taxing.

Exhibit B: RoCo our 6’7 210 pound starting PF/C has even more responsibility on D than Harden. He’s shooting 21% from 3 pt range also on high volume 6/29.

Now, I understand guys have shooting slumps but I don’t think any one can deny those percentages are abnormally low for both guys especially for RoCo.

We desperately need Gordon to come back and play well and relieve some of the offensive pressure on the guys.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

So let me get this straight, you were all down on Harden for his effort and efficacy on defense but now that he is elite in 2 categories (post defense, TOV - steals, deflections, blocks) you complain about this too?

Make up your mind!!!

You are a well known Harden hater so pardon me if I don't take your concerns seriously.

Harden is a legit 2 way player, same as Kawhi, Giannis, Lebron, etc.

Isnt this the same criticism that was used to rob Harden of all his MVPs as well as why he will never win a championship?

This is obviously a joke post.

diehardrockets, Blurr#7 and Patience like this.
  3. Asian Sensation

A little sensitive are we? Exactly which part of my post did I criticize Harden? Show me. I simply stated what I’ve seen and backed it up with real stats, a peer example and a possible remedy. You automatically go on the defense and spew some garbage like saying Harden is now on Kawhi’s level defensively. Yes, your post was a joke.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are a known hater so do not pretend to couch your post in a positive light.

The last part of your response exposes your true agenda.

LOL

5. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

You're not that hard to catch, your anti-Harden schtick is littered throughout CF.

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What can we say? It works well against playoff contenders, but not those on the outside quite as well.

Since Capela was no longer playing for us we've beat:

Dallas
    New Orleans
    Charlotte
    Lakers
    Boston
    Golden State
    Utah
    New York Knicks
    Memphis
    Boston
    Minnesota
    Dallas
    Milwaukee

Lost to:

Phoenix
    Utah
    New York Knicks
    Clippers
    Charlotte
    Orlando
    Portland

7 victories over teams we might see in the playoffs, 2 losses against teams we might see in the playoffs

It's a small sample, but I trust what I see when it comes to playoff teams. We don't lock in against the non-playoff teams. We just don't. (Before someone says it, we're not gonna see Portland, Orlando/Charlotte, or Phoenix in the playoffs but if we do that's a great thing because that either means Finals or Lakers got knocked off.)

D-rock likes this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with most of the posters here and why I think this is a risky strategy. It's great when the Rockets can make it work and so far in the three games in the bubble it's worked enough for us to win, even last night we had our chances. The real test will be in a grind it out 7 game series when the opponent will be making adjustments game after game.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

On the contrary the fact they have to play this hard is a positive imo.

cause to win a ring everyone has to play this hard all the time regardless of style.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hell, I'm exhausted watching them get exhausted.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's no wonder Nurkic fell down every time someone breathed near him.

Gary Trent Jr. seemed to suffer from narcolepsy too.

Deckard likes this.
  12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

A message from Russell Crow that goes out to our "undersized" team.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

The thought of a 6 man rotation is Dantoni's wet dream.

MONON likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We've looked more tired than other teams in the last 2 bubble games so far in second halves, but the Bucks win was all heart. The pace that we play at is insane, not to mention the extra distance covered in switching. It must be why we never have a guy shooting 60% from 3 when other teams seem have one every game.

16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

mark
    i luv this thread

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Jeff Green shot 3/4 from 3 vs. Blazers. That's more than 60%, he shot 75% from 3 that game.

And Tucker, Covington, Harden and McLemore all shot 50% from 3 vs. the Lakers last night.

#59 D-rock, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Considering the offenses Rockets have faced a 7th place net ranking is dang good.