1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My fears of reopening schools

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Aug 1, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Relax.
    Thats about antibody test not antigen.
    They arent covid19 positive, they just have antibodies for it and as the cdc said its extremely unlikely that they are currently infected.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

Yup young children are half as likely to get infected and transmit the virus.

Ofc we also have to wait for more studies but opening the kindergarten and the elementary schools as a first step looks safer.

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Really dude? Solve this one.
    I see four classes of students in a day.
    If I am positive for the virus, but I don't know or don't care, how do we stop me from spreading it around at work?

#63 sirbaihu, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    deb4rockets and Corrosion like this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good point.
    The failure to do enough continues in stopping the spread in our city..........

13 INVESTIGATES: THOUSANDS OF HOUSTON CONTACT TRACING CASES TOSSED OVER TESTING DELAYS
    https://abc13.com/testing-covid-19-coronavirus-contact-tracing/6345275/

How can you reopen schools if you can't even rely on testing and contact tracing?

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Remember when the nation would freak out if a handful of kids died from tainted burgers or water?

Meh, Sandy Hook was overrated.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I agree with all this.

But. Just to make things even more complex and shitty.

Per my dude who works in the crimes against children unit in HPD, such crimes are up over 300%. And he suggested they are more severe as well.

So, I'm not saying that this is why schools should reopen. I actually have no idea what they should do. I'm just saying that we're ****ed all around.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Parents will start social distancing from their children at home. It will be messed up.

"Mommy, why did Teacher die?"
    "Because YOU gave her coronavirus. JK. Because she got coronavirus just like you did, Timmy!"

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Schools aren't reopening in any meaningful way

Already all virtual till further notice

90% of California
    DC Metro including MD/VA
    Philadelphia
    Miami
    ATL

Hybrid "2 day a week" model/all virtual (for now but expect them to drop the 2 days like others have)/don't actually have a plan

Chicago
    NYC
    Boston
    Phoenix

Lolwtfbbq Texas Abbott 'lets reopen local control but reopen!" model

Texas

Same story as you go down the MSA table, till you get to your super Trumpy states, abd even they vary depending on the local outbreak

What an epic failure of a country we are.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

https://www.businessinsider.com/alm...selors-got-coronavirus-at-georgia-camp-2020-7

The quote below is from my Dr friend ...

The idea that children don't spread this or is just plain silly.

Opening schools is silly .... Send your kid to school with a Batman mask and he comes home with a Spiderman mask.

Kid picks his nose and chases someone around with the boogers screaming corona virus!!! ....

FFS ... Terribad idea.

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This is what $$ St. Andrew's Episcopal $$ is doing about COVID: students don't have to attend class at all! (This is exactly what my school is doing.) The teachers are the only ones forced into the classrooms.

(They call it "in person" coz the teacher is standing in the classroom, even if all the students decide to stay home. This is the contrived BS invented coz Trump said foreigners can't do online-only.)

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Here we go, with Abbott following Paxton's wants to just pass the buck, do nothing, and put all the responsibility on the school districts.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

How is an asymptomatic carrier supposed to be detected if they have no temperature? How effective is a mask on a kid if it's worn more than once? Are they paying to issue a mask to every student and school employee every day?

How effective is a mask if children grab it, touch it, take it off and on, and then touch everything with those hands? Kids are kids, and if anyone has spent an hour in a classroom you will see at least 2 or 3 at any given time doing something they aren't supposed to be doing. Some kids just can't sit still, do stuff to get attention, and just can't help themselves. Some just aren't medically able to understand or follow guidelines.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I noticed some universities (ahem) have set aside "isolation rooms" in the dormitories.
    In other words, these universities are expecting students to have COVID during the semester.

Hey, if you can trust college students not to get pregnant by accident, you can sure trust them not to catch COVID and spread it to strangers.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'm just glad Barron Trump doesn't have to worry about this until October at the earliest.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Why is he dressed like he's selling bait & tackle at Academy though?

arkoe, Deckard, KingCheetah and 4 others like this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

#knowyouraudience

arkoe, Deckard, vlaurelio and 3 others like this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Well he does sell a lot of bait for his followers to use in catching the big Coronavirus.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I pity you. It’s like if Groundhog Day and Idiocracy had a baby and that baby **** into a diaper and then we were forced to eat the same shitty, Groundhog Day/Idiocracy baby’s diaper for 15 years. At least at some point you used to be funny I guess.

deb4rockets, Deckard and RayRay10 like this.