1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Disagree, can't wait. Comes out on my birthday!

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You won't be able to finish that game in a day, lol. Maybe the campaign if you just sit there, but the rest of it? Not a chance.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i still have some hope for microsoft in August. If xbox lockhart is good and they show us show us performance bumps for older games, i might get it.
    also they should show a fixed up version of halo infinite

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

But can any of these new systems run Crysis?

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm done with Microsoft. I bought a 3 year protection plan and a $200 controller in February, they shipped me a refurbished controller today...told me it has a 90 day warranty and my previous protection plan is no longer valid. Between them trying to pass off trailers as games, and their anti-consumer bullshit... I'm just over it.

I nearly traded in my Xbox for a PS4 today. I'm damn sure not buying another console from them.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Nintendo Switch can baybeeeeee! ;)

7. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Some talk that MS will drop XBL (Gold), and either make online play free or bundle it with Game Pass. That's a pretty big change potentially.

Halo Infinite's multiplayer will be F2P and playable at up to 120FPS. That's a nice counter to the negative stories that came out after the Xbox Showcase.

I'm only posting any of this because I wanted to hype up THE next-gen game that is above all other next-gen launch games...

MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR!

I'm only slightly joking. The game looks great. I watched a few videos from the recent preview, and I'd definitely like to sink some time into the game later this year...if I can find the time. :(

donkeypunch and tinman like this.
  8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I was thinking something like that might happen when I was able to accumulate 3 years of xbox gold live and convert that over to xbox gamepass ultimate for $1 late last year. The only money I had spent was around $2 for 2 months. So $3 for 3+ years of xbox live and gamepass, plus The Division 2, a new controller and depending on the price of the new console, it too...not a bad deal from microsoft points

Edit: I think I even got RDR2 with my microsoft points

#168 Blatz, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  9. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Dang it I believe my xbox finally died yesterday. Push the power button and after a minute it turns off never getting to the green load screen. I was hoping it would last a little bit longer. Has there been any better speculation about the price of series x recently?

10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Lots of speculation, but I don't think anyone really knows for sure. I almost wonder if MS and Sony know for sure. I guess they do, but it also seems like they're super reactionary to each other right now. Which is good for us. :) I think for XSX, it will not be more expensive than the PS5 (at least the disc version). It might even be cheaper, though that seems unlikely barring some odd SKUs/bundles. I'm sure MS could undercut the PS5 with the XSX if they really wanted to, but if the XSX is more powerful, I don't know how much that would help.

I don't think we'll see "five hundred and ninety nine us dollars" again, so I'd guess pricing could vary between $399 and maybe $549 (preferably closer to $499). That's just me guessing though.

Xbox Series S (or whatever they call Lockhart) could maybe squeeze in at ~$100 cheaper than the XSX. Could be cheaper too I guess, depending on how aggressive they want to be.

Tl;dr: Somewhere between $1 and $9999.

Blatz likes this.
  11. donkeypunch

https://happymag.tv/xbox-series-x-will-support-old-controllers-for-all-new-games/

[​IMG]

ThatBoyNick and tinman like this.
  12. donkeypunch

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

This is like the launch switch commercials had cool babies with the "what's a pc" apple commercials.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Seems like MS is doing Stadia but actually understands what type of gamers they want to pull in.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

17. donkeypunch

I was more referring to the anti-consumerism part.

Blatz likes this.
  18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um...that is par for the course unless you buy AppleCare+ for an Apple Product. Once you use your Protection Plan once, you have to buy a new one. Best Buy is like that, Gamestop too. You buy one for Sony, it will be the same.

Also, Trailers are trailers. Games are not ready yet. Xbox Series X is more powerful than the PS5.

Try to deal with Sony and warranties. Have fun with that.

Blatz likes this.
  19. Beezy

Beezy Member

Calling Microsoft anti consumer in comparison to Sony... yikes. Backwards compatibility for games and controllers, game pass, easy digital refunds, cloud streaming, free money from rewards program... Xbox is about as pro consumer as you can be right now, which they have to be considering they’re so far behind in the race.

It’s too bad that Microsoft closed their stores because that was the best way to get your warranty stuff handled.

I’ll be getting both next gen systems eventually but am in no hurry until there’s a killer next gen game.

As far as Avengers goes, Sony is paying to have exclusive content in the game like Spider-man (playable next year), so it’s looking like another Destiny situation. Curious to see what impressions from the beta are.

#179 Beezy, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Blatz likes this.
  20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member