1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wilbon: Coaches say they will discombobulate Harden in the playoffs and he won't know what to do

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Aug 4, 2020.

1. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Yes, James Harden will face next-level double teams and ball denial in the playoffs. But he will know what to do. I think this team has the right pieces that will be able to capitalize off of the double teams. Westbrook has shown he can effectively run the offense when James either doesn't have it going or is being forced to give up the ball, Danuel House Jr. has shown improvement in play making, Jeff Green is not one dimensional offensively and can take advantage of 4 on 3 opportunities, and this is where Eric Gordon is really important as well.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

They're going to double team Harden in the playoffs??? Oh no!!!

KbegBipjDXjqgQDLgx.gif

Deuce, gotsis, RocketRed84 and 54 others like this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

isn't that the same fool (who looks like waldorf from the muppets) that said harden should be punched in the face for clowning too many players on the court?

clutchdabear and burlesk like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Will they "discombobulate" him like they did last year when he averaged 32/7/7/2/1?

Honestly Wilbon is and always has been a dumb ass when it comes to serious sport discussion. I still remember him claiming that Derrick Rose was a better player than LeBron James and how the Bulls would win multiple titles.......

[​IMG]

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

Wilbon is still relevant?

Remlap, Deuce, RocketRed84 and 16 others like this.
  6. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Harden has literally faced every defense known to man.

I doubt he's worried about being doubled in the playoffs.

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Soooooooo they didn't double team him before? Remember the Piston's Jordan rule? That's what they do to him all day long.

burlesk and D-rock like this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

The thing is, he is making that **** up. He didn't speak to any coaches.

9. Nook

Nook Member

One day after New York Mets pitcher Jacob deGrom was a near-unanimous National League Cy Young Award winner — despite a 10-9 win-loss record — an out-of-touch Wilbon ripped the baseball community for giving the Mets pitcher the award. “You know, Tony (Kornheiser), I’m not with these people. I don’t respect their judgment, actually, because I don’t value what they value,” Wilbon said on “Pardon The Interruption” on Thursday. “I value winning the damn game more than the ERA. And therefore, it is analytical hijacking. They want to hijack baseball, they want to impose their will and tell you what’s important. I don’t share most of and maybe none of their values, and it’s absurd.”

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/11/michael-wilbon-weighs-in-on-jacob-degrom-with-worst-baseball-take-of-year/

Michael Wilbon: “I would not pay to watch James Harden, I don’t wanna see that”

Michael Wilbon: Goes off on James Harden winning MVP

Michael Wilbon: "James Harden - according to players I have talked to, current [Western Conference] players - they say that he's trying for the first time in his life

Deuce, BigMaloe, BigM and 4 others like this.
  10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I've never seen a defense where james harden simply "doesn't know what to do"

BigMaloe, BigM, j3i and 4 others like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

who gives a ****?

napalm06, Richie_Rich and Nook like this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Oh, there's a pattern of lying.

Here's him claiming a coach told him before the Clippers beat us that he knew what would happen in that game and the playoffs.

You guys will excuse me if I don't believe the universe brings an anonymous coach to Wilbon just before every Rockets game, and it always turns out they say new things won't work and old things will.

I know a liar when I see one.

RCPM, Deuce, RocketRed84 and 11 others like this.
  13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, just wait for a fresh Harden/Westbrook/EG and Co. I hope they double team the hell out of Harden, Harden knows what to do and wants it, I don't know Wtf these guys are talking about. Coaches haven't figured anything out, Harden is either going to make you triple team him leaving 2 players open or he's going to just make them pay hitting shots we all know he can. Two MVPs that are rested and in good shape, sign me up.

Harden will gladly pass to the other MVP or his team being wide open playing 5 on 4/3, he knows how to pass the ball... It's like these guys only look at the ****ing points column and forget all the other stats. We're watching one of the greatest players in the game. I think fatigue has always been a major factor and now with the short restart season this won't be an issue.

I also love how "anonymous coaches" made this claim, gtfo, you ask any coach and them having their name attached to the statement, no professional coach will state they figured him out, they'll state "we might slow him down". Giannis really looked great down the stretch when he was guarded by Harden, I hope they keep talking this nonsense, it's like they think Harden is a rookie each year and is playing the wrong sport.

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

"Coaches say they will discombobulate Harden..."

I'm sure coaches around the league have figured out a way to stop Harden- when he was averaging over 30 a game, but they have collectively said that they would wait to unfold that strategy until THIS YEAR's playoffs. Yep, that will show him.

gotsis, BigMaloe, sirbaihu and 9 others like this.
  15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

JB Bickerstaff and Kevin McHale don't really count...

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

League kinda f'd up by throwing all those different coverages at him during the reg season. I think he'll be more prepared than ever this time around.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol come on wilbon....

I absolutely love the “yeah they will catch you off guard on random night in the regular season, but in the playoffs....”

Every single player, every single coach, every single announcer, every single GM in this league knows EXACTLY what our game plan is every single game.

No one goes into a game against Houston and is then surprised by what we do. We either execute by making our shots or we don’t.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I mean how many forms of a double team are there lol?

Jayzers_100 and hakeem94 like this.
  19. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We can't control the **** people talk. All we could do is prove them wrong.

Killatron 2000, RayRay10 and D-rock like this.
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Wilbon crossed over from journalist to fan/sports-radio host a long time ago.

They’re all just fans at this point. None of them played. None of them have any insight on advanced analytics or statistical trends. There’s absolutely no difference between Wilbon and the local sports guy, in terms of making one more qualified to comment on basketball vs. the other.

Sure, you need him to write a column, he will run circles around us... but that’s no longer his job.

RayRay10 and TWS1986 like this.