1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Skip Bayless: I Have Never Ever Seen Anything Like These Houston Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Aug 3, 2020.

1. HardenVolumeOne

If the rockets win the title does morey get credit for re-revolutionizing the game. Bob Myers and Curry got credit for the 3 point explosion era( even though it was morey and sam hinkie's idea). I wonder if Harden and Morey will get credit for changing the game. One thing i know is that the league will try their best to keep the rockets from winning the title

D-rock likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Skip is a cowboys fan and he talks about them all the time. Someone has to be on the side of the Rockets on that show because Shannon talks about the Lakers all the time . Which is strange

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Totally with Skip here.

Don't mean to jinx anything, but the way our small lineup defends, with pressure and quick hands and steals and breaks, is fun for *everybody* to watch. That, plus Russ taking defenders of every size to the basket ... If we're not careful, the media (which don't like watching Harden dribble out the clock or go to the line) are going to fall in love with this team.

4. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

LOL @ Tyson Chandler being able to stop Brook Lopez. Chandler is a stiff at this moment. Should have kept Hartenstein over him...

5. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Shannon's point on Melo makes no sense...the problem with Melo was our defense was flat out awful with him on the floor. He was flat out unplayable in our system largely for his defense even though his offense left a lot to be desired...

AceOfSpades and D-rock like this.
  6. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

If Hart was any good they would have kept him. He had plenty of time to prove he belongs but ultimately didn't cut it. I'm still bitter that we let gave up on Christian Wood so fast. If we had him, I'd be a lot more confident. Hopefully, like correcting the RoCo dud, maybe we can get him back too but for a smaller price...

D-rock likes this.
  7. MystikArkitect

Where's my boy Royce White and Vassilis Spanoulis?

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

If the Rockets win the title, it's going to be an asterisk'd trophy because of the Covid-shortened season.

If it's any other team, then they will have persevered through a Covid-shortened season and are the rightful champs.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Are you ever right???

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Fat shaming Tin???

C'mon you are better than this.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'd take it.

And so would you.

Happily.

Mathloom and Y2JT like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

The non hot cheerleader based on the standards of the teenager quarterback preference

jokes are jokes

Cancel culture is dumb
    Chappelle is right

Nick_713, cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

i think the main reason is for the lakers to win it or be on tv for maximum amount of games

As Barkley Said nobody is making a bumble for the Sacramento kings

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They get the rebound and then lose the ball.

That's like they never rebounded.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Meant to also bold the part where the poster said Morey would be praised for revolutionizing the sport. Obviously I'd take it, but everyone outside Houston definitely wouldn't.

Morey wouldn't be seen as revolutionizing the sport - he and the Rockets would be seen as people that took advantage of the virus situation to win a title.

17. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I feel like people forget that the Rockets have 2 out of the last 3 MVPs on the same team.

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

“Lice in the hair!” Lol. Never heard that one before describing our defense.

Thanks for the video OP.

Sharp said a stat I’ve said before....as long as the Rockets shoot 34% from 3, they have a good chance of winning.

D-rock and Killatron 2000 like this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I have been watching Skip for a few years now, and I have never seen him this animated and pro-Rockets ever before. Of course, all it might take is a huge loss to Sacramento or some other much lesser team for his tune to change.

I said just recently I think this club didn't have the time it needed to gel completely. And gel completely is what they must do to get past those L.A. teams. But, I might be pleasantly wrong here.

Oh, how things can change in a week or even a day.

D-rock likes this.